Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The Undertaker, Becky Lynch, Edge and Paul Heyman all had promos hyping their matches for WrestleMania. All of them were good enough to check out if you haven’t seen them.
- Last year’s main event of WrestleMania and Brock Lesnar vs. Rey Mysterio from Survivor Series were replayed.
- Aleister Black beat Jason Cade by pinfall with ease.
- Kevin Owens and The Street Profits beat Seth Rollins, Angel Garza and Austin Theory by pinfall. Theory replaced Andrade in this match and will replace Andrade at WrestleMania, too.
- Asuka defeated Kayden Carter by submission.
- Velveteen Dream defeated Bobby Fish by pinfall.
- Dexter Lumis beat Jake Atlas by pinfall.
- Dakota Kai won the Second Chance Gauntlet Match and will be the final participant in next week’s No. 1 contender’s ladder match. Shotzi Blackheart had beaten Deonna Purrazzo, Xia Li, Aliyah and Kayden Carter before Dakota Kai beat her.
- Kushida defeated Joaquin Wilde by submission. Then, Wilde was abducted like Raul Mendoza was a few weeks ago.
- Keith Lee retained the NXT North American Championship over Damian Priest and Dominik Dijakovic.
- Jinny and Kay Lee Ray defeated Piper Niven and Dani Luna by pinfall.
- Xia Brookside defeated Amale by pinfall.
- Ilja Dragunov won the 20-man battle royal to earn a future title shot against WALTER.
- Next week will be a “Rise of NXT UK” special clip show.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows defeated Ever-Rise by pinfall.
- Cedric Alexander defeated Fabian Aichner by pinfall.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- A MizTV segment had all three teams (The Usos, The New Day and John Morrison and The Miz) talking about how they’ll win the SmackDown Tag Team Championship at WrestleMania. WWE didn’t bother to announce what the match really will be, as we know The Miz, at least, isn’t involved.
- Tamina beat Lacey Evans and Naomi in a three-way. After the match, she superkicked Bayley and gave Sasha Banks a Samoan Drop.
- HBK vs. Ric Flair from WrestleMania XXIV was replayed.
- WWE teased that Elias may not be cleared to compete.
- Then, they said “oh, by the way, Braun Strowman is fighting Goldberg instead of Roman Reigns” with a quick graphic and no explanation.
- Tucker beat Dolph Ziggler by disqualification. Then, the screen glitched out with the circle of lights and someone in a hood (Mustafa Ali?) showed footage of the texting incident. Sonya Deville grabbed Mandy Rose’s phone when she was out of the room, texted Otis about being late for Valentine’s Day, deleted the messages and had conspired to do this with Dolph the whole time, as expected.
- Daniel Bryan beat Shinsuke Nakamura by disqualification as Cesaro interfered. Sami Zayn, Nakamura and Cesaro beat down Bryan and Drew Gulak.
- John Cena cut a promo about how WrestleMania is filled with uncertainties, but he’ll beat Bray Wyatt’s ass.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Kushida defeated Danny Burch by submission.
- Gentleman Jack Gallagher defeated Tyler Breeze by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!