Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Mojo Rawley defeated No Way Jose.
- Lucha House Party defeated EC3 and Eric Young.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Rey Mysterio’s planned universal title match against Seth Rollins never happened as the show started with Brock Lesnar destroying both Mysterio and his son, Dominick.
- Sasha Banks beat Alexa Bliss by pinfall.
- Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode retained the Raw Tag Team Championship over Heavy Machinery by pinfall.
- On MizTV, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan teased another match together, but it was clarified that there will be a 10-man tag team match at Crown Jewel on October 31st. Seth Rollins will be the captain of Team Hogan and Randy Orton will be the captain of Team Flair. King Baron Corbin is on Team Flair and Rusev is on Team Hogan.
- The Viking Raiders beat The O.C.’s Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson by pinfall.
- Ricochet defeated Cesaro by pinfall.
- AJ Styles retained the United States Championship over Cedric Alexander by pinfall.
- Lacey Evans defeated Natalya by pinfall after holding her tights.
- Seth Rollins vs. Rusev for the Universal Championship was a no-contest. Bobby Lashley returned with Lana and made out with her on the stage to distract Rusev while Bray Wyatt then attacked Rollins to end the show.
- Adam Cole retained the NXT Championship over Matt Riddle by pinfall.
- Finn Balor is now on the NXT roster.
- Next week, Lio Rush will face Drew Gulak for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship (note: that appears to be the name of the title now, rather than the WWE Cruiserweight Championship). Also, Kushida will face WALTER.
- Io Shirai beat Mia Yim by pinfall.
- Johnny Gargano took down Shane Thorne by pinfall.
- Shayna Baszler retained the NXT Women’s Championship by beating Candice LeRae by submission.
- Pete Dunne defeated Danny Burch by pinfall and then was attacked by Damian Priest.
- The Undisputed ERA’s Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish beat The Street Profits by pinfall to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship.
- Tommaso Ciampa returned and, like Balor, has his eyes on the NXT Championship.
- Piper Niven defeated Isla Dawn.
- Alexander Wolfe beat Saxon Huxley.
- Gallus attacked Mike Bird and Jack Starz before their match. They then beat down South Wales Subculture, too.
- Kay Lee Ray defeated Tegan Nox.
WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE
- Becky Lynch and The Rock started the show with a promo on King Baron Corbin, making fun of him and laying him out.
- Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair beat Bayley and Sasha Banks in tag team action when Bayley tapped out to Flair’s Figure 8.
- The Fiend attacked Seth Rollins during his champion versus champion match against Shinsuke Nakamura.
- Kevin Owens defeated Shane McMahon in their ladder match. McMahon is now fired.
- Braun Strowman, Heavy Machinery and The Miz defeated AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton and Robert Roode by pinfall. In the segment, undefeated heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury and Braun Strowman exchanged taunts and almost came to blows, but Fury was stopped while trying to jump the barricade.
- Roman Reigns defeated Erick Rowan by pinfall in a lumberjack match, in part due to Daniel Bryan’s aid.
- In one F-5 and in under 10 seconds, Brock Lesnar won the WWE Championship from Kofi Kingston. Following the match, Rey Mysterio came out with Cain Velasquez, who proceeded to go after Lesnar.
WWE 205 LIVE
- WWE decided on Friday not to air 205 Live this week, despite having previously advertised it to follow SmackDown.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- AEW soundly beat NXT in the ratings for Wednesday night. WWE issued a statement congratulating them and pivoting to say that the real winners were the fans and that this is a marathon.
- Edge was once again rumored to be cleared to compete, only to refute it quickly after on Twitter.
- Jeff Hardy was arrested yet again with another DWI offense.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!