Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- After a video package recapping Becky Lynch and Asuka from last week, the show started with Charly Caruso interviewing Randy Orton. Edge came out to say Orton doesn’t care about wrestling like he and many others do, as this was his backup plan he was gifted. He never had to fight back from a career-threatening injury and doesn’t love the sport like everyone else. Edge accepts the challenge.
- Seth Rollins (joined by Murphy) cut a promo on a revelation he had about how you have to lose yourself to find yourself. Without darkness, there can be no light. What happened to Rey Mysterio has been described as heinous, disgusting and unforgivable, but by others as an act of penance paid to him for Mysterio’s disbelief in The Monday Night Messiah. But Rollins sees it as unfortunate, but necessary—a sacrifice for the greater good. Humberto Carrillo interrupts to say Rey is a hero to millions and his idol. Rollins is a coward. Even though Murphy is facing Aleister Black later, Rollins volunteers Murphy for an impromptu match against Carrillo.
- Murphy defeated Humberto Carrillo by pinfall.
- In a talking head segment, Liv Morgan says her mom was always her hero, as she never quit. When she lost to Charlotte Flair, she learned that she’s just like her mother and is determined that one day, she’ll become Raw women’s champion.
- Charlotte Flair heads to the ring for a promo about how she’ll fight Bayley on Friday Night SmackDown and invite Ruby Riott to the ring.
- Charlotte Flair defeated Ruby Riott by submission.
- To celebrate Asuka’s accomplishments, Kairi Sane has a celebration in the ring. Nia Jax interrupted to complain about her being handed the Raw women’s title. They momentarily fought and Asuka came out on top as Nia retreated. Later, Jax attacked Kairi. Then, Asuka attacked Jax.
- Bobby Lashley defeated R-Truth by submission.
- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross retained the Women’s Tag Team Championship over The IIconics by disqualification. Backstage, Billie Kay slapped Peyton Royce in frustration over getting them disqualified, but immediately apologized and they said they love each other.
- Shayna Baszler defeated Natalya in a submission match.
- KO Show: Kevin Owens had Zelina Vega, Andrade, Angel Garza and Austin Theory as his guests. Owens brought out Apollo Crews, who went after Andrade.
- Apollo Crews and Kevin Owens defeated Andrade and Angel Garza by pinfall after a miscommunication with Austin Theory hitting Garza. After the match, Garza and Andrade attacked Theory.
- Aleister Black defeated Murphy by disqualification as Austin Theory attacked Black at the behest of Seth Rollins, who then embraced him as a new disciple.
- The Viking Raiders destroyed The Street Profits in an axe-throwing competition.
- Drew McIntyre defeated King Corbin by pinfall.
- Karrion Kross defeated Liam Gray by submission. After the match, Tommaso Ciampa came out to officially introduce himself to Kross and Scarlett and tell him that he’s special, but so is Ciampa. They’ll have a match at TakeOver: In Your House.
- El Hijo del Fantasma defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall to advance to the finals of the Interim NXT Cruiserweight Championship Tournament.
- Timothy Thatcher challenged Matt Riddle to a rematch with no pinfalls—you can only win by knockout or tap out. Riddle accepted and suggested it take place inside a cage. That will happen next week.
- In a video package, Shotzi Blackheart talked about her personality, how she named her tank The Dirty Blonde and what she’s going to do to the NXT women’s division.
- Mia Yim defeated Santana Garrett by pinfall. Post-match, Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae came out to talk some trash and attack her. Keith Lee came out to help even the odds and run them off.
- Roderick Strong defeated Dexter Lumis by pinfall. Lumis then attacked Strong after the match, locking in his submission. Bobby Fish and Adam Cole came out to try to stop him, but Velveteen Dream went after them. Dream and Lumis won the fight.
- In the parking lot during the break, Akira Tozawa congratulated El Hijo del Fantasma on his win. Tozawa was then attacked by the two masked men until Fantasma chased them off.
- Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch defeated Ever-Rise by submission.
- Keith Lee has a feeling this issue with the Garganos is going to come to a head at TakeOver.
- Drake Maverick defeated Kushida by pinfall in their Interim NXT Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Match. Maverick, Kushida and Jake Atlas are now tied 2-1 and will have to face off next week in a Triple Threat to determine the leader of Group A who will face Fantasma in the finals.
- Damian Priest challenged Finn Balor to a match for TakeOver.
- Charlotte Flair interfered during the Rhea Ripley vs. Io Shirai match and attacked both. Shirai either won by disqualification (as she was struck first) or it was ruled a no-contest.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Jinder Mahal defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall
- Ricochet defeated Shane Thorne by pinfall
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- After a MizTV segment, Braun Strowman defeated The Miz by pinfall. John Morrison continued to talk trash and put out a challenge that Strowman can’t beat both of them in a handicap match for the universal title at Backlash. Strowman accepted.
- AJ Styles defeated Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall to advance in the intercontinental title tournament.
- Bayley defeated Charlotte Flair by pinfall.
- Dolph Ziggler and Sonya Deville defeated Otis and Mandy Rose by pinfall.
- Jeff Hardy defeated Sheamus by pinfall to advance in the intercontinental title tournament.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch defeated Ever-Rise by submission.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Tyler Breeze by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!