Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Randy Orton started the show with a promo thanking Edge for reigniting The Legend Killer inside him. Christian came out and Orton challenged him to an Unsanctioned Match for later. Big Show and Ric Flair tried to talk Christian out of it, but he accepted the challenge. In the main event, Flair low-blowed Christian, serving him up on a platter for Orton to punt him and pin him, then tell the medics to make sure they take care of him.
- Kevin Owens defeated Angel Garza by pinfall.
- MVP and Bobby Lashley blamed their loss at Backlash on Lana. Then, Lashley said he wants a divorce.
- The Viking Profits beat Akira Tozawa’s ninjas by pinfall. Big Show helped them fight them off.
- Seth Rollins and Rey Mysterio talked to each other via satellite until Dominick attacked Rollins, before running off.
- MVP and Lashley challenged Drew McIntyre and R-Truth to a Winner Takes All tag team match for both their titles. R-Truth then got the match changed to just Drew’s belt on the line. McIntyre and R-Truth beat MVP and Lashley by pinfall to retain the title.
- The IIconics beat Liv Morgan and Natalya by pinfall.
- Natalya was upset with Morgan for their loss and said she understood how Lana was feeling about being sick of being blamed for everyone else’s shortcomings.
- MVP tried to get Apollo Crews to join him by saying he’ll only retain the United States Championship if he’s by his side. Crews beat Shelton Benjamin by pinfall by hooking his arm on the ropes and cheating.
- Sasha Banks and Bayley tried to celebrate Bayley’s birthday until The IIconics came out and talked trash enough, goading Bayley to agree to a tag title match for next week.
- Asuka defeated Nia Jax by pinfall to retain the Raw Women’s Championship.
- Imperium defeated Breezango by pinfall to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship
- Velveteen Dream said he is a solo act, rather than a true partner for Dexter Lumis. Lumis helped him out, so he helped him out to return the favor.
- Damian Priest defeated Killian Dain by pinfall.
- Aliyah defeated Xia Li by pinfall with a roll-up after a distraction from Robert Stone, who threw up in the ring.
- Timothy Thatcher taught some submission moves to his class.
- In some Undisputed Therapy, Roderick Strong talked to Kyle O’Reilly about how he can’t stop thinking about Dexter Lumis and needs to face his fears with the trunk of the car they were put in. Strong ran off, instead.
- Backstage, Keith Lee interrupted Adam Cole’s interview to say it’s not going to be Karrion Kross who will take that title from Cole. It’ll be Lee, who smashes the hour glass.
- Adam Cole cut a promo about how he might want to go after Keith Lee’s North American title. Lee came out, followed by Johnny Gargano, followed by Finn Balor. William Regal interrupted to announce that next week, Lee will defend his title against both Gargano and Balor in a Triple Threat. Whoever wins that match will face Cole on July 8th in a Winner Takes All match.
- Dakota Kai (with Raquel Gonzalez) defeated Kayden Carter (with Kacy Catanzaro) by submission.
- A vignette aired to hype Mercedes Martinez as “coming soon.”
- Bronson Reed defeated Leon Ruff by pinfall.
- In the parking lot, Cameron Grimes apparently slashed Damian Priest’s tires.
- Santos Escobar, Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde (dressed in suits) came to the ring so Escobar could cut a promo. Growing up, his dad always told him he’d be a leader, not a luchador. Drake Maverick interrupted to come out for a fight, but the numbers game was too much for him. Escobar eventually put Maverick through a table outside the ring. During the commercial, Maverick was loaded into an ambulance with Jake Atlas checking up on him.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks defeated Tegan Nox and Shotzi Blackheart to retain the Women’s Tag Team Championship by submission. Io Shirai then came out to run Banks and Bayley off and make a statement.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Humberto Carrillo defeated Shane Thorne by pinfall.
- Andrade defeated Ricochet by pinfall.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- After a promo about The Phenomenal One’s intercontinental title win, Matt Riddle beat AJ Styles by pinfall.
- Shorty G beat Mojo Rawley by pinfall.
- Mandy Rose was on MizTV. She fought with Sonya Deville after they talked trash about each other.
- The New Day beat Lucha House Party by pinfall and then were attacked by Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura.
- Nikki Cross attacked Sasha Banks and Bayley, which led to Banks beating Cross by pinfall.
- Firefly Fun House revolved around Bray Wyatt basically saying his feud with Braun Strowman isn’t over yet.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Oney Lorcan defeated Chase Parker by pinfall.
- Jake Atlas defeated Gentleman Jack Gallagher by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!