Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Mojo Rawley defeated Zack Ryder by pinfall.
- Sarah Logan defeated Dana Brooke by submission.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Trades from the WWE Draft can be found here.
- Becky Lynch defeated Charlotte Flair by pinfall.
- Andrade defeated Ali by pinfall.
- The Viking Raiders won the Raw Tag Team Championship from Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode by pinfall.
- Aleister Black defeated Eric Young by submission.
- Ricochet defeated Shelton Benjamin by pinfall.
- Braun Strowman and Tyson Fury had a contract signing for their upcoming match at Crown Jewel.
- Buddy Murphy defeated Cedric Alexander by pinfall.
- The Kabuki Warriors defeated Lacey Evans and Natalya by pinfall.
- Seth Rollins burned down the Firefly Fun House set.
- Tommaso Ciampa defeated Angel Garza by pinfall. The Undisputed ERA came out to send him a message after the match, but didn’t attack him.
- They did attack Velveteen Dream backstage, though, putting him out of commission for next week’s scheduled title match for the North American Championship.
- Imperium’s Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch by pinfall.
- Io Shirai beat Kayden Carter by pinfall.
- Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic ended in a no-contest due to interference by Roderick Strong, who tried to render neither of them the No. 1 contender. However, William Regal then announced that Strong will fight both of them next week for the North American title in a Triple Threat match.
- Matt Riddle beat Bronson Reed by pinfall.
- Tegan Nox defeated Taynara by pinfall. After the match, Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir came out to intimidate Nox and Dakota Kai.
- Killian Dain beat Boa by submission.
- Damian Priest scored a pinfall over Pete Dunne after nailing him with a low-blow while the referee wasn’t looking.
- Ilja Dragunov defeated Saxon Huxley by pinfall.
- Imperium defeated The Hunt by pinfall.
- Xia Brookside defeated Nina Samuels by pinfall.
- Jordan Devlin cut a promo about how he’s not arrogant because he knows for a fact that he’s the best wrestler in the world. Dave Mastiff then said he’d take that bet and took Devlin out.
- Gallus won the NXT UK Tag Team Championship from Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews.
WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE
- Roman Reigns defeated Shinsuke Nakamura by disqualification after King Corbin interfered. Daniel Bryan tried to help out, which led to a tag team match in the main event.
- Shorty Gable beat Curtis Axel by submission. He then changed his name again to say he’s now going by Shorty G.
- Team Hogan is complete with Roman Reigns as the new captain along with Shorty G and Ali joining Ricochet and Rusev.
- The New Day and Heavy Machinery defeated The Revival, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode by pinfall.
- On a MizTV segment, Bayley explained that her attitude change was inspired by nobody being there for her when she was trying to be a role model and lost the championship.
- Nikki Cross won a Six-Pack Challenge to become the next in line for a title shot against Bayley.
- Braun Strowman defeated Drew Gulak by pinfall.
- Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan defeated Shinsuke Nakamura and King Corbin by pinfall to end the show.
WWE 205 LIVE
- The Brian Kendrick defeated Gentleman Jack Gallagher by pinfall.
- The Singh Brothers beat two jobbers (Justin Alexander and Justin Morris) by pinfall.
- Tony Nese became the No. 1 contender for the Cruiserweight Championship by beating Ariya Daivari and Oney Lorcan in a Triple Threat match.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- Mike Kanellis requested his release from WWE. There’s no official word on whether or not that will be granted, nor if Maria is factored into that release request, either.
- Eric Bischoff was fired as Executive Director of SmackDown and replaced by Bruce Prichard.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!