Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Shelton Benjamin defeated Akira Tozawa.
- Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder defeated Eric Young and Mojo Rawley.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The Kabuki Warriors turned on Paige when Asuka spit the green mist in her face. Obviously, she is no longer their manager (as if she ever really tended to show up to do anything, anyway)
- Becky Lynch beat Kairi Sane by submission.
- Buddy Murphy beat R-Truth by pinfall when R-Truth was distracted by the 24/7 Championship chase.
- The Street Profits basically had their entrance, reminded everyone that they won their match last week, and then left.
- Ricochet beat Drew McIntyre by disqualification because Randy Orton came out of nowhere and hit Ricochet with an RKO.
- The Viking Raiders squashed Rizzo and Bryant, aka “The Chicago Cubs” by pinfall.
- Sin Cara has a valet named Carolina, pronounced Catalina, who is Catalina Garcia from the Performance Center. She tried to help Sin Cara offset Zelina Vega, but Andrade beat Sin Cara again by pinfall with his feet on the ropes.
- Charlotte Flair and Natalya defeated The IIconics by submission.
- Seth Rollins defeated Erick Rowan in a Falls Count Anywhere match.
- AJ Styles beat Humberto Carrillo by submission.
- Rusev and Lana were on The King’s Court. Lana claimed that Rusev is a sex addict who wanted to put a baby in her and that Bobby Lashley had said Rusev cheated. Rusev denied this. Everyone got into a fight with Lana and Rusev coming out on top to end the show.
- Io Shirai defeated Candice LeRae by pinfall.
- Finn Balor cut a promo on how he’ll turn Johnny Gargano into Johnny Watches Wrestling if they cross paths again.
- Bronson Reed beat Shane Thorne by pinfall.
- The Kabuki Warriors retained the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship over Tegan Nox and Dakota Kai by pinfall.
- After the match, a brawl broke out involving Nox, Kai, Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke, Marina Shafir, Rhea Ripley, Io Shirai, Bianca Belair, and Candice LeRae. When they were broken up, William Regal announced they would compete in a War Games match.
- Cameron Grimes defeated Tyler Bate by pinfall. Following the match, Killian Dain attacked Bate to send a message to Pete Dunne, who will face Damian Priest next week.
- Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly defeated Keith Lee and Matt Riddle by pinfall with some help from Adam Cole and Roderick Strong. Tommaso Ciampa came out after the match to help Lee and Riddle fight off The Undisputed ERA and announce that they would be in another War Games match.
- Rhea Ripley and Piper Niven beat Jinny and Jazzy Gabert by pinfall.
- A-Kid beat Kassius Ohno by count-out. After the match, Ohno attacked him some more until Tyler Bate made the save.
- Killer Kelly is now medically cleared.
- Joseph Conners defeated Roy Johnson by pinfall.
- Kay Lee Ray cut a promo about beating Toni Storm for the title and how Xia Brookside won’t take it from her.
- Gallus talked some trash about Imperium.
- Jordan Devlin defeated Dave Mastiff by pinfall.
WWE CROWN JEWEL
- Humberto Carrillo won the 20-Man Battle Royal to earn a United States title shot.
- During that match, R-Truth won the 24/7 Championship from Sunil Singh.
- Brock Lesnar made Cain Velasquez tap out in just over 2 minutes to retain the WWE Championship. Rey Mysterio attacked Lesnar after the match with a chair.
- The O.C. won the World Cup tag team turmoil match by last eliminating The Viking Raiders.
- Mansoor defeated Cesaro by pinfall.
- Tyson Fury beat Braun Strowman by count-out.
- Samir Singh won the 24/7 Championship from R-Truth.
- AJ Styles retained the United States Championship over Humberto Carrillo by pinfall.
- Natalya beat Lacey Evans by submission.
- Team Hogan beat Team Flair when Roman Reigns pinned Randy Orton.
- Bray Wyatt won the Universal Championship by pinfall in his Falls Count Anywhere match with Seth Rollins.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- With most of the roster stuck in Saudi Arabia, SmackDown was quite different.
- Paul Heyman showed footage from Crown Jewel and explained that with the brand split, Vince McMahon won’t allow Rey Mysterio to go from Raw to SmackDown to face Brock Lesnar. Because of this, Lesnar hereby quits SmackDown and will be heading to Raw on Monday night for revenge.
- Bayley retained the SmackDown Women’s Championship over Nikki Cross by pinfall when Sasha Banks interfered. Following the match, Shayna Baszler attacked Bayley.
- Sami Zayn’s interview with Cathy Kelley backstage was interrupted by Keith Lee and Matt Riddle. When Zayn tried to run away, Lee and Riddle took him out.
- Tommaso Ciampa crashed MizTV to talk some trash. Ciampa then beat The Miz by pinfall.
- Bianca Belair attacked Carmella and Dana Brooke. Taking their place, Rhea Ripley and Tegan Nox defeated Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville by submission.
- Adam Cole retained the NXT Championship over Daniel Bryan by pinfall.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Ariya Daivari by pinfall.
- Gentleman Jack Gallagher defeated Ray Jazikoff by pinfall.
- Lio Rush defeated Raul Mendoza by pinfall.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- Ratings were rough this week. Raw had its lowest non-holiday rating possibly ever and NXT was down even more due to the World Series.
- WWE’s stock took a major hit, dropping considerably with the WWE Network not perfoming as well. (It’s almost like having a lot of negative stuff going on and taking your flagship show off the network resulted in less people wanting to pay for it. Hm…)
- Not much information has been explained for why the roster was stuck in Saudi Arabia, but this could be a big deal.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!