Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Shelton Benjamin defeated No Way Jose
- Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder defeated Eric Young and Erick Rowan
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman are now on the Raw roster. They were on the hunt for Rey Mysterio, who showed up at one point to attack Lesnar with a bat and challenge him to a match at Survivor Series for the WWE Championship.
- Charlotte Flair and Natalya defeated The Kabuki Warriors by submission.
- Buddy Murphy defeated Cedric Alexander by pinfall.
- Seth Rollins said that everything he fought so hard for this past year with taking the title off Brock Lesnar on Raw has been for nothing and he doesn’t know what’s next. Triple H came out to say every time that happens with Rollins, Triple H points him in the right direction to becoming a champion. The Undisputed ERA, Dominik Dijakovic and Damian Priest brawled with The O.C., Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Erick Rowan and R-Truth.
- Andrade and Zelina Vega beat Sin Cara and Carolina by pinfall.
- Rusev said if Bobby Lashley wants Lana, he can have her, but he still wants to fight Lashley, who came out on crutches. The story was that he tore his groin romancing Lana. Instead, Drew McIntyre replaced him for a match, but Lashley attacked Rusev with a crutch, as he wasn’t actually hurt, so Rusev won by disqualification. Randy Orton then nailed Rusev with an RKO and Ricochet came out to help Rusev.
- Shayna Baszler interrupted Becky Lynch’s interview to talk some trash about how those two and Bayley will be in a match at Survivor Series.
- The O.C. defeated Humberto Carrillo and The Street Profits by pinfall.
- The Viking Raiders squashed The East Hampton Polo Boys by pinfall.
- Seth Rollins defeated Adam Cole by disqualification after The Undisputed ERA interfered. The show ended with Raw and NXT wrestlers brawling.
- The O.C. kicked off the show by attacking The Undisputed ERA. A six-man tag team match was set for the main event after Tommaso Ciampa, Matt Riddle and Keith Lee laid down the challenge.
- Pete Dunne beat Damian Priest by submission. After the match, Killian Dain came out to attack both of them.
- Taynara defeated Santana Garrett by pinfall.
- Shayna Baszler made Dakota Kai tap out. Then, a brawl ensued between the two WarGames teams and some extraneous members, with Mia Yim being the final member of Team Ripley, who told Kai that she didn’t make the cut. There is still one spot left for Baszler’s team, even though Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke are in the mix.
- Angel Garza defeated Tony Nese by pinfall to earn a shot at the NXT Cruiserweight Championship for next week.
- Dominik Dijakovic defeated Isaiah “Swerve” Scott by pinfall.
- The O.C. vs. Ciampa, Riddle and Lee ended in a no-contest after the referee was taken out, Finn Balor attacked Riddle, and then Adam Cole attacked both AJ Styles and Ciampa.
- Joe Coffey defeated Tyson T-Bone by pinfall.
- A vignette aired to hype Ridge Holland coming soon. He used to go by the name Luke Menzies.
- Isla Dawn defeated Killer Kelly by pinfall.
- Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews fought James Drake and Zack Gibson to a no-contest as a result of Gallus and Imperium coming into the mix. Ilja Dragunov sided with Gallus to fight Imperium to end the show.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The New Day won the SmackDown Tag Team Championship from The Revival.
- Imperium attacked Heavy Machinery and were run off by the SmackDown roster.
- Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura beat Ali and Shorty G by pinfall.
- Sasha Banks defeated Nikki Cross by submission. After the match, Shayna Baszler laid out Bayley.
- Backstage, when Sami Zayn was again trying to convince Daniel Bryan to join him, The Fiend showed up. Zayn ran off while Bray Wyatt attacked Bryan.
- Tyson Fury thanked Braun Strowman for their match together and suggested the two form a tag team. Strowman said nobody in the locker room would be stupid enough to fight them. The B-Team showed up to say they were stupid enough to do that and everyone knows the B in B-Team stands for “fearless.” Naturally, Strowman and Fury took them out.
- Dana Brooke and Carmella beat Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville by pinfall to earn spots on the women’s Survivor Series team.
- With some help from Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode, King Corbin pinned Roman Reigns.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Mansoor defeated The Brian Kendrick by pinfall.
- Lio Rush defeated Raul Mendoza by pinfall.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- Even more hearsay, rumor and speculation has surrounding WWE’s problems in Saudi Arabia, to the point where it’s hard to believe literally anything from any source in or out of the company.
- The newest signings for the WWE Performance Center have been officially announced as Scarlett Bordeaux, Shotzi Blackheart, Indi Hartwell and referee Stephon Smith.
- Joaquin Wilde has been cleared to return to in-ring action.
- Randy Orton signed a five-year contract with WWE.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!