Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- This week’s episode was just a recap of some stuff from Raw and such. No matches were recorded or aired.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The Kabuki Warriors defeated Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair by pinfall when Lynch was distracted by Bayley brawling with Shayna Baszler ringside. After the match, Bayley attacked Lynch.
- Drew McIntyre squashed Sin Cara by pinfall.
- R-Truth fought The Singh Brothers in a handicap match for the 24/7 Championship. They ran to the back, where Samir and Sunil were attacked by Erick Rowan.
- Seth Rollins defeated WALTER by disqualification after Imperium interfered. The Street Profits and Kevin Owens came out to help. Rollins, Owens, and The Street Profits defeated WALTER by pinfall.
- Andrade defeated Cedric Alexander by pinfall.
- Lana had a long promo segment where she claimed she is pregnant with Rusev’s baby, only for Bobby Lashley to come out, attack Rusev, and Lana to claim that she was lying.
- Erick Rowan defeated Soner Dursun by pinfall. Rowan is now carrying around a cage with some sort of animal in it.
- The Viking Raiders defeated Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews by pinfall.
- Humberto Carrillo, Randy Orton and Ricochet defeated The O.C. by pinfall.
- Lio Rush retained the NXT Cruiserweight Championship over Angel Garza by pinfall.
- Tegan Nox, Rhea Ripley, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke were all shown to have been attacked by the opposite WarGames team backstage.
- Xia Li defeated Aliyah by pinfall.
- Matt Riddle interrupted a promo from Finn Balor to attack him. This set up a brawl that also included The Undisputed ERA, Tommaso Ciampa and Keith Lee, which led to a match between Roderick Strong and Lee.
- Keith Lee defeated Roderick Strong by pinfall. In the post-match fighting, Dominik Dijakovic helped fight off The Undisputed ERA and joined the babyface team for WarGames. He even shook hands with Lee to settle their differences.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Bronson Reed by pinfall.
- Damian Priest jumped Killian Dain and fought with Pete Dunne.
- With some help from Kay Lee Ray, Io Shirai beat Mia Yim in a ladder match to win the advantage for their team for WarGames.
- Kay Lee Ray defeated Xia Brookside by pinfall.
- Travis Banks defeated Ligero by pinfall. Joseph Conners attacked Ligero leading to the pinfall and then attacked Banks after the match. Conners then got a microphone and said he’s sick of people saying he isn’t worthy and that he should have been the first United Kingdom champion. As long as he suffers, everyone else will suffer along with him.
- While Johnny Saint, Sid Scala and William Regal were chatting at the UK Performance Center, Alexander Wolfe requested a match against Ilja Dragunov. They granted him that match for next week.
- Tyler Bate defeated Kassius Ohno by pinfall.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Mustafa Ali and Shorty G kept their spots on Team SmackDown by beating Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler by pinfall.
- Bray Wyatt unveiled a blue leather version of the Universal Championship on Firefly Fun House.
- Braun Strowman beat up The B-Team and Drew Gulak.
- Daniel Bryan turned down Sami Zayn’s offer to join his crew.
- The New Day retained the SmackDown Tag Team Championship over The Revival due to a disqualification as The Undisputed ERA attacked both teams. Members of the SmackDown locker room ran them off.
- Heavy Machinery beat two jobbers named Kevin Tibbs and Kip Stevens by pinfall.
- Nikki Cross and Bayley’s match was interrupted by Shayna Baszler, Rhea Ripley, Dakota Kai, Tegan Nox and Mia Yim. Sasha Banks then challenged them to an eight-woman tag team match. Carmella, Dana Brooke, Nikki Cross and Sasha Banks beat Dakota Kai, Tegan Nox, Rhea Ripley and Mia Yim by pinfall.
- On MizTV, The Miz tried to get answers out of Daniel Bryan about what his character was now. Bryan admitted that he’s unstable and said that nobody would understand that but Bray Wyatt, who appeared on the TitanTron to try to prompt him to say “yes”. Bryan challenged him for a universal title shot and Wyatt agreed.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Angel Garza beat Gentleman Jack Gallagher by pinfall.
- Samir Singh retained the 24/7 Championship in a handcap match with Sunil Singh against Tim Gange by pinfall.
- Lio Rush and Raul Mendoza defeated Tony Nese and Ariya Daivari by pinfall.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- Sin Cara requested his release.
- Jordan Myles posted a video on Twitter saying he quits WWE, calling them racist and the moniker of “Jordan Myles” his “slave name.”
- Ali is now Mustafa Ali again.
- CM Punk made his first appearance on WWE Backstage and will likely appear on a regular basis going forward.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!