Gabe Sapolsky has just dropped an interesting announcement on Twitter. The WWN Live exec posted that this weekend’s EVOLVE shows will see an appearance by none other than WWE NXT’s Sami Zayn:
This Is Real – Sami Zayn – EVOLVE 49 & 50 – This Saturday & Sunday – New York – http://t.co/OvzQlRwnhA pic.twitter.com/spGRF5dLLh
— Gabe Sapolsky (@BookItGabe) October 12, 2015
There have been reports about WWE and WWN Live being in talks about a working relationship for some time, which were bolstered when Triple H made comments during the pre-NXT Takeover conference call about EVOLVE being a possible feeder system for NXT. Obviously with Zayn appearing at an EVOLVE show, some kind of working relationship is in place at this point.
Zayn has been off WWE TV since NXT Takeover: Unstoppable in May, when Kevin Owens put him out of action to account for his recovery from an injury suffered during a match against John Cena on RAW.
Here are the updated cards for this weekend’s EVOLVE iPPV events…
EVOLVE 49 on October 17th at La Boom in Queens, NY:
* Johnny Gargano vs. Ethan Page: I Quit Match, Gargano will leave EVOLVE if he loses.
* EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher & TJ Perkins vs. Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero
* Anthony Nese with So Cal Val vs. Andrew Everett vs. Matt Cage vs. Peter Kassa
* Drew Gulak vs. Trevor Lee
* Tracy Williams vs. Willie Mack
* Matt Riddle vs. Jonathan Gresham
* Also appearing are Caleb Konley with So Cal Val and others.
EVOLVE 50 on October 18th at the NYWC Sportatorium in Deer Park, Long Island:
* EVOLVE champion Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Drew Gulak/Trevor Lee winner at EVOLVE 49
* Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero vs. Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley with So Cal Val
* Willie Mack vs. Drew Gulak/Trevor Lee loser at EVOLVE 49
* TJ Perkins vs. Tracy Williams
* Matt Riddle vs. Chris Dickinson
* Andrew Everett vs. Peter Kassa
* Ethan Page vs. Matt Cage
You can order EVOLVE on iPPV or VOD at this link.
You can keep up with all your wrestling news right here on eWrestlingNews.com. Or, you can follow us over on our Twitter and Facebook pages.