— AAW will run their Unstoppable event this Saturday at 115 Bourbon St (3359 W 115th St Merrionette Park, IL). Here is the updated lineup for the event:
* AAW Heavyweight Championship – Steel Cage Match: Eddie Kingston vs. Ethan Page
* AR Fox vs. Sami Callihan
* Chris Hero vs. Davey Richards
* Kondo Kong vs. Russ Jones
* AAW Heritage Championship Match: Davey Vega vs. Louis Lyndon
* AAW Tag Team Championship Match: The Hooligans (Devin & Mason Cutter with Bucky Collins) vs. Shane Hollister & Markus Crane
* Already signed: Tommaso Ciampa; Michael Elgin; Colt Cabana; Silas Young; Zero Gravity; Heidi Lovelace; Connor Braxton; Eddie Machete
— Former WWE Superstar Zach Gowen and indie wrestler Gregory Iron recently started a wrestling promotion called “Wrestling for Warriors”. The promotion is a non-profit organization that is being set up to help children in need. As of now, plans are in place for the promotion to officially launch in late April or early May with their debut event taking place in the Midwest. A press release sent out today notes the following:
“Because we have the ABILITY to harness the MAGIC of pro wrestling and use it as a platform to help kids who need it!!!
The inspiration for “Wrestling For Warriors” was discovered after reflecting back on just how much of a positive impact professional wrestling, and it’s larger than life characters, has had on us throughout some of the greatest hardships of our lives. Each event that WFW organizes and promotes will have a different cause associated with it. A few examples of this would be Pediatric Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Neurofibromatosis, among others.
The net profits from each event will go directly to the associated cause, helping fund their respective research efforts. Additionally, WFW will utilize a portion of the net profit to purchase medical equipment for those who are in attendance, afflicted with the associated cause and prescribed the equipment by a physician yet are unable to acquire it on their own due to insurance company denial.“