On this coming Wednesday’s episode of AEW Dynamite (Fight For The Fallen), FTR (Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler) are set to face off against Santana & Ortiz. The match will be just the latest turn in the Inner Circle’s feud against The Pinnacle.
According to a new report from Fightful Select, this match has been in the works since May. The report stated that, “this specific matchup has been slated and on the billing for the Charlotte Dynamite since at least mid-May.” The report also noted that AEW’s long-term booking is a regular occurrence within the company.
AEW’s plans back in early 2020 reportedly were placed in jeopardy due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However the report notes that a lot of these plans eventually did go ahead. As of right now the report also states that a singles feud is “already tentatively set for the fall.”
The full card for AEW Fight for the Fallen at the time of writing is as follows:
- Nick Gage vs Chris Jericho – No Rules match
- Santana and Ortiz w/Konnan vs FTR w/Tully Blanchard – Tag team match
- Christian Cage and Jurassic Express (Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy) w/ Marko Stunt vs Hardy Family Office (Angelico, Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen) w/ Matt Hardy – Six-man tag team match
- The Elite (Kenny Omega, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) w/ Don Callis vs “Hangman” Adam Page & The Dark Order (Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, John Silver and Alex Reynolds) – 10-man tag team elimination match.
- Lance Archer (C) w/ Jake Roberts vs Hikuleo – Singles match for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship