Alberto El Patron’s sexual assault trial has once again been delayed. The trial was most recently set to start on Monday, August 2nd. According to Pwinisder, the trial has now been delayed until October, with a new start date of Monday, October 25th.
El Patron is being charged on five separate counts, covering both sexual assault and aggravated kidnapping. If convicted, Patron could face life in prison. He has repeatedly claimed that he is innocent, including recently when speaking to Cageside Seats. In that interview Patron had this to say:
“It’s still going. It’s still pending. But we’re just waiting. Everything is looking good. I have said what I needed to say in the past. Unfortunately, I can no longer talk about it because every time I say something, it affects my case. I went out and I said what I was approved to say. That ended up hurting me a little bit. All I can say is that the truth always comes to light. We’re doing good. The authorities in Texas are doing their job.
My legal team is doing a fantastic job. It’s just a matter of time. It’s really difficult for me and my family to hear those things. Everybody talks about the five years to life in prison. That sounds horrible, but why does nobody say, ‘Or he’s going to be proven innocent.’ I have already said it. She has already withdrawn her charges. He has already talked to the DA’s [District Attorney’s] office and told them the truth. She apologized and gave us a public apology and everything. Everything people need to know is out there. I share a lot of stuff in the past but unfortunately, I can’t talk about it. What was supposed to be over last week got delayed because somebody got upset and I understand [it]. Me being me, a high-profile case. It’s difficult. As I said in my previous interviews, call me whatever, but I didn’t do any of those things.”