Ashley Massaro Reached Out to WWE to Make Amends Last Year

10039
0

As many of you know, the relationship between WWE and Ashley Massaro wasn’t all that great over the last few years. According to a report from TheBlast.com, Massaro reached out to WWE after a lawsuit involving her was dismissed. She apologized for her involvement. WWE issued a statement, saying that Massaro sent an email in October of last year and said she was misled by Konstantine Kyros, the attorney responsible for many of the concussion lawsuits filed against WWE.

Massaro had been part of the class-action suit against WWE over the company’s treatment of talent in relation to concussions. That suit was ultimately dismissed late last year.

WWE’s statement says:

Long after Ashley Massaro filed an affidavit, which WWE only learned of the contents after she passed away, Ashley sent an email to WWE on Oct. 20, 2018 – approximately one month after the Court dismissed all claims against WWE and sanctioned the lawyer who brought the suit against WWE, Konstantine Kyros, for repeated misconduct including pursuing false allegations.


In several excerpts of the email that WWE provided, Massaro said, “I love WWE, you all were my family the whole time I was there … The lawsuit got out of control very fast-I had been roped in by the lawyer representing the others.


I knew it was a bad idea but was convinced by the lawyer and I want to acknowledge that I should’ve contacted you guys before agreeing to be involved-i was basically poached … [I accept] my part of the responsibility and just want to formerly apologize and express my regret.

You all changed my life and I couldn’t be more grateful … express my sincerest regret to Vince, Stephanie, Hunter and Kevin Dunn.”

Trending Stories