The Boston Globe reports that Ashley Massaro joined the class action lawsuit against WWE, as she claims in her filing that while Kuwait in 2006 to visit American troops on behalf of the company, she was sexually assaulted at a US military base. She said she was examined by a WWE doctor when she returned, and the doctor reported the incident, who spoke with her to “apologize for their negligence, but [they] persuaded her that it would be best not to report it to appropriate authorities.’’ It s one of several health and safety complaints she made against the company on November 9.
Massaro was in WWE from 2005 to 2008 and said she had several concussions, even one that left her unconscious for five minutes in the ring. She said she wasn’t given medical treatment and was told to “shake it off and said she’s had “debilitating behavioral changes” since then, including a drug addiction that WWE helped her with in 2010. She claims she has depression, anxiety, memory loss, and migraine headaches — all symptoms of CTE, but CTE can only be diagnosed through an autopsy.
With head injuries, she also said she had a hairline fracture of her spine, two herniated discs and an ankle fracture, which required a five-inch metal plate. She claims that Vince McMahon once ordered a crew to cut off a cast on her hand (for a shattered knuckle) weeks before it was supposed to come off so that she could compete for that night’s event and added that because WWE claims its performers are independent contractors, when you sign with the company you “sign your life away.”