Back in December of 2020, we reported that Tyrus the former Brodus Clay had been accused of sexual harassment by Britt McKenry his then colleague at FOX News. Now, in an update on the case, the lawsuit that came from the accusation has now been dismissed.
Deadline has reported that McHenry has settled the lawsuit against Tyrus and FOX News. This was after all the involved parties in the case filed for the voluntary dismissal of the case on Monday. All three parties have now made statements on the case being dismissed:
Speaking on behalf of Tyrus, his attorney said: “Tyrus is pleased that the parties have reached a settlement in which the claims against him will be dismissed with prejudice. Tyrus continues to dispute and deny the allegations made against him in the lawsuit and, consistent with that view, will not be making any financial appointments.”
Fox News: “While Fox News is confident it would have prevailed in the lawsuit, we are pleased we have been able to resolve this matter without further litigation.”
Finally, McHenry said: “I am very proud to have stood up for my right and hope that I have empowered other women to do the same. Although I fully stand by the truth of my allegations, I am pleased to put this matter behind me and move forward with my career.”
Tyrus has most recently worked in NWA, signing with the company in March of this year. He is perhaps most well known for his run as Brodus Clay in WWE, a gimmick he had between 2010 and 2014.
You can keep up with all your wrestling news here on eWrestlingNews.