The rescheduling of the Extreme Rising show in Pittsburgh this past weekend to May 3rd has caused some changes in the card for March 1st in the ECW Arena. The promotion was upset about cancelling the show, especially since the city wasn’t snowed on as hard as was forecasted, but decided to play it safe for the crew’s sake.
Among the scheduling changes are the following:
– The Extreme Rising title match between Stevie Richards and Sabu will now main event the March 1st show
– Sandman, Axl Rotten and Shane Douglas have been added to the event, with Douglas back only in a talent capacity. Rotten is being booked “one show at a time” right now.
– Damien 666 and Bestia have been removed from the March 1st show and booked for the April 26th and April 27th shows, which will reportedly have “a huge Lucha Libre presence.”
– Takaaki Watanabe of NJPW has been booked for a debut with the promotion on March 1st.
– Colby Corino will make his official debut on the March 1st show, with the idea of building a stable of new talent around Devon Storm.
– Steve Corino is set for the April 26th show.
This is the current card for the March 1st show:
* Extreme Rising Title Match: Stevie Richards vs. Sabu
* Falls Count Anywhere: Rhino vs. Devon Storm
* Balls Mahoney & Axl Rotten vs. 2 Tuff Tony & Matt Tremont
* Luke Hawx vs. Rich Ortiz
* Papadon vs. Takaaki Watanabe
* BLK OUT vs. Da Hit Squad & Gary Wolf
* Wildkat Four Way