UPDATE x 3: Cody Rhodes issued the following statement via his Twitter account:
UPDATE x 2: According to WWE.com, WWE and Cody Rhodes have parted ways. Rhodes had asked for his WWE release, posting that news on his own personal Twitter. WWE posted the following today on their website…WWE has come to terms on the release of Cody Rhodes as of today, May 22, 2016. WWE wishes Cody the best in all his future endeavors.
UPDATE: According to sources, people who have spoken to Rhodes say he is set on leaving the WWE after 10 years in the company. Per the report, Rhodes has given his exit from WWE a lot of thought.
Rhodes is still said to be under contract with WWE. WWE was going to let Rhodes’ contract run out through this summer, but he asked for his release before his current deal expired.
Additionally, there are no issues between WWE and Goldust at the moment. It was reported that both Goldust and Cody Rhodes left the SmackDown tapings on Tuesday before they began but we don’t have that confirmed.
ORIGINAL: As previously reported, WWE Superstar Cody Rhodes aka Stardust has reportedly asked for his release from WWE. He made the announcement on his Twitter account and said he would speak more on the matter soon. Rhodes has now updated his Twitter account again, and you can check out that tweet below.
According to Rhodes, all the reports he’s read regarding the matter have been “100% false and speculation.” He also said he hopes to provide more answers later this evening.
All the reports I’ve seen are 100% false & just speculation.
Hope to provide answers by this evening.
— Hyrule Husky (@PrinceCGR) May 22, 2016 < script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″>