Interesting Details On Cable Buys & Google Search Results For WrestleMania 38


According to a report from The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, we have some interesting details on the standard cable pay-per-views buys for WrestleMania 38. As to be expected, the pay-per-view numbers were expected to be low due to Peacock, but several PPV-related buys did happen. The first night brought in 23,000 buys, while the second night had 23,300.

DISH owners made up the most of the PPV buys, bringing in 7,000 (Night One) and 7,400 (Night Two). DISH only allows customers to order both and did under 8,000 buys (above the national average). DirectTV picked up all the remaining PPV buys after standard and local cable networks, as 55% bought WrestleMania 38 from their cable companies. Interestingly enough, more people purchased night one live but night two had more late buys (28.4% increase). 32.9% purchased both shows among all PPV buyers, with 67.1% buying just one show and not the other.


In general, WrestleMania performs very well on DISH and beats out AEW. However, AEW does better in cable homes because WWE is available through Peacock. In another statistic, of the people who bought WrestleMania 38 on cable, 94.3% did not buy AEW Revolution, with the remaining 5.7% buying Revolution one month ago. Among satellite buyers, 94.8% did not buy AEW Revolution and 5.2% did.

When it comes to Google searches, WrestleMania brought in 2 million searches, which is up 750,000 from a year ago. Cody Rhodes had the most interest, bringing in 19% more searches, tying with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. Those two were the top two searches by a substantially wide margin, followed up by Vince McMahon. As for the rest of the searches, the top searches were for (in order): Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Pat McAfee, Charlotte Flair, Johnny Knoxville, Becky Lynch, Ronda Rousey, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, and Bianca Belair.

Trending Stories

You can keep up with all your wrestling news right here on Or, you can follow us over on our Twitter and Facebook pages.