James Storm appeared on Busted Open Radio to further discuss having talks with WWE earlier this year that would’ve seen make his main roster debut.
These plans were nixed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Here is what he had to say (H/T to WrestlingNews.co):
“I had another month left on my NWA contract. The Thursday before the Royal Rumble, the WWE contacted me and asked me if I would like to come in. The bad thing is, I didn’t get the email until after the Rumble when I got back home on Wednesday because the email on my phone was not working. They said, ‘well, since we are getting into WrestleMania season, let’s just hold off everything until right after Mania.’ I talked to Billy Corgan and told him whatever you guys need me to do to go out the right way that I would do it. They were going to plan a show around WrestleMania weekend and I was going to drop it (the National Title) down there and do good business on the way out the door. I don’t think it was to come in for the Rumble because they never did say. You know how it is. You never know until it’s over with really. I felt that way because it was on that Thursday and I didn’t get to answer the email until I got back home on Wednesday. It was Heyman who wanted to bring me into RAW and he said I need guys like you who know how to work. I tell everybody all the time that WWE, AEW and New Japan have guys that can do every move in the book. There is no move you can come up with that those guys can’t do. But, there are a lot of guys who don’t make it believable anymore. They (WWE) wanted me to come in to help their younger guys.”