Former ROH star Kelly Klein filed a lawsuit against Ring of Honor and its parent company Sinclair Broadcasting.
She alleges discrimination and harassment among other things. Heel By Nature reports that Klein filed the lawsuit on Wednesday.
She was released from ROH back in late 2019 alleging breach of contract after she publicized emails between herself and ROH General Manager Greg Gilleland. Klein claimed that the company didn’t have a concussion protocol.
Below are some of the notes. The complaint outlines the following:
- Breach of Implied Contract
- Unpaid Royalties
- Violation of State and Federal Equal Pay Acts, and Abusive Discharge
- Discrimination and Harassment, and Unsafe Work Environment
The following names were listed as parties:
- Greg Gilliand (General Manager Of ROH)
- Hunter Johnston (booker, creative director, senior producer and/or head trainer at the Baltimore dojo training program for ROH)
- Joe Koff (Chief Operating Officer and Vice-President of Training and Development for ROH)
- Jamar Shipman (professional wrestler with ROH who is known in the ring as “Jay Lethal.”)
Plaintiff alleges that the Defendants terminated her contract as of December 31, 2019, because of her complaints regarding the disparate pay for WHO female wrestlers, the lack of safety and medical protocols after Plaintiff suffered the concussion in October of 2019, and the sexual harassment at ROH.