Here is the list of what’s currently on Netflix Instant Watch with wrestling-related content:
* CM Punk Best in the World – WWE’s excellent 2012 documentary about..well, the best in the world.
* 50 Greatest Finishing Moves – WWE look at some of the most famous signature wrestling maneuvers.
* Head Games – Documentary about concussions and head trauma in sports. Chris Nowinski is one of the focuses of the film, with his WWE career discussed.
* NWO: Revolution – WWE’s 2012 documentary on the New World Order in WCW.
* Sand Sharks – Brooke Hogan vs. land sharks. Not an SNL skit. Honest.
* Ultimate Weapon – Hulk Hogan stars in this 1998 action flick, his first action film.
Added Less Recently:
* Alien Opponent – Roddy Piper as an alien hunting priest. I guess he’s all out of bubble gum.
* AWA: The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA – WWE documentary on the now defunct American Wrestling Association.
* AWE Night of the Legends – AWE’s October 2011 PPV featuring Terry Funk vs. Tommy Dreamer and Kevin Nash vs. Ricky Morton.
* The Backyard – Paul Hough’s great 2002 documentary on the world of Backyard wrestling, which won a number of film festival awards. Rob Van Dam is featured in the film as well.
* The Bad News Bears Go To Japan – The team actually wrestles Antonio Inoki. Yes, really.
* Batista – I Walk Alone – WWE documentary on former star Batista.
* Below The Belt – The 1980 film starring Regina Baff as Rosa Rubinsky, a waitress who enters the world of professional wrestling. The film features the legendary Mildred Burke, playing herself, as Rubinsky’s trainer.
* Best of King of the Ring – WWE’s look at the history of their regal tournament.
* Best of WCW Clash of Champions – WWE’s look back at NWA/WCW’s quarterly TBS specials, hosted by Dusty Rhodes.
* Best of Raw and Smackdown 2011 – WWE’s highlights of the best matches and moments from their flagship TV series.
* Beyond the Mat – Barry Blaustein’s excellent 1999 documentary looking inside professional wrestling, focusing on Mick Foley, Terry Funk, Jake Roberts, WWF and ECW.
* Big Money Rustlas – Insane Clown Posse’s western film, also featuring JCW’s 2 Tough Tony, Sabu, Scott D’Amore, Joe Doering, Kevin Gill and even Todd Bridges.
* The Big Show: A Giant’s Life – WWE’s new 59 minute documentary on the former WWF and WCW World champion.
* Blind Eye – 2006 thriller featuring Roddy Piper in a supporting role.
* Bloodsport: ECW’s Most Violent Matches – Paul Heyman hosts this look at some of the crazier moments in ECW.
* Bobby “The Brain” Heenan – WWE’s documentary on the Hall of Fame manager.
* Born to Controversy – The Roddy Piper Story – WWE documentary on the Rowdy Scot.
* Bounty Hunters – Trish Stratus stars in this action film.
* Breaking the Code: Chris Jericho – WWE’s documentary on Jericho’s wrestling career.
* Bret Hart: Wrestling with Shadows – The 1998 documentary on Bret Hart and Montreal.
* Card Subject To Change – Tim Disbrow’s 2011 documentary on the world of independent wrestling, featuring Kevin Sullivan, Percy Pringle, Sabu, the late Trent Acid and a number of other talents working for the National Wrestling Superstars in New Jersey.
* The Chaperone – WWE’s Triple H comedy.
* Dead Tides – Roddy Piper stars in this 1997 crime drama as a boat captain Mick, who falls in live with the wife of a drug lord who tricks him into smuggling drugs. When the DEA finds what he’s been doing, he’s forced to go undercover.
* Death Racers – “Four hyped-up teams of contestants compete to win a violent race in this action-packed sci-fi flick. Living in a grim future world in which life is cheap, the racers will do anything to win. Even killing competitors off while pushing their vehicles to go the distance is not against the rules — and is probably the only way to prevail. Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope of Insane Clown Posse star, along with former WWE star Raven.”
* Degeneration-X: One Last Stand – 2011 WWE DVD release focusing on DX’s final run and Shawn Michaels’ retirement.
* Dilbert – Steve Austin is among those providing voiceovers to the 1999 animated series.
* Dylan Dog: Dead of Night – Kurt Angle appears as a werewolf in this supernatural detective film, based on the comic book.
* Extreme Rules – WWE look at the old and new versions of ECW.
* ECW Unreleased Volume 1 – Joey Styles hosts this collection of bouts never released on DVD previously by WWE.
* Edge – Decade of Decadence – WWE documentary on former WWE champion.
* End Game – the 2009 independent thriller starring Kurt Angle as a serial killer and Jenna Morasca as the object of his obsession. Their meeting on this film led to Morasca in TNA.
* The Expendables – 2010 Sylvester Stallone super-macho team up featuring a ton of action stars including Steve Austin, UFC’s Randy Couture, Mickey Rourke and even a cameo from one-time WWE Diva Lauren Jones.
* WWE Falls Count Anywhere – 2012 WWE collection of brawling and crazy stipulation matches.
* Fred The Movie – Nickelodeon film with John Cena in a cameo as the title character’s father.
* Fred 2 – Night of the Living Fred – Sequel to Nickelodeon film with Cena back as Fred’s Dad, including a wrestling sequence.
* Fred 3: Camp Fred – Fred goes to summer camp and needs the advice of his father John Cena.
* Ghosts of Goldfield – Roddy Piper stars in this horror film, telling the story of five ghosthunting students in a haunted hotel who encounter the legacy of a horrific murder.
* Girls Gone Dead – Jerry Lawler appears as a town sherriff investigating the murders of girls at a video shoot from a slasher monk.
* Greatest Cage Matches of All Time – Edited version of WWE’s recent DVD release featuring steel cage matches from several different promotions.
* Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century – WWE’s look at the best personalities from the first decade of the 21st Century.
* Hart and Soul – The Hart Family Anthology – WWE’s documentary on the Hart family and their legacy.
* History of the WWE Championship – WWE’s look back at the history of their top title.
* How I Met Your Mother – Season 5, Episode 12 features Stacy Keibler as a hot bartender who becomes the object of desire for the show’s resident womanizer, Barney.
* How The Weed Won the West – Former WWE and TNA star Shelly Martinez is among those interviewed in this 2010 documentary about medical marijuana dispensaries in California.
* Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology – WWE collection of great Hogan bouts from his different runs.
* Hurricane Rosey – “After boxer Raoul Lamarre (Gérard Depardieu) breaks his hand and destroys his career thanks to a foolish bet, he falls for tempestuous champion wrestler “Hurricane” Rosy Spelman (Faith Minton) at a carnival, where their love must survive her rising fame and his violent jealousy. As Rosy’s new manager, Mike Fernandez (Roland Bock), catapults her career into orbit, he plots to foil her romance with Raoul — leaving Rosy with a tough choice.”
* The Jeff Dunham Show – The first and only season of Dunham’s Comedy Central series features a sketch where his infamous puppet Peanut goes out on a date with Brooke Hogan.
* The John Cena Experience – WWE’s documentary followng Cena’s career and lifestyle.
* Knockout – Steve Austin stars in this boxing drama spun off from Karate Kid DNA, as a school janitor who turns out to be a former boxing champion that becomes the trainer for a would be High School boxing star.
* Knocked the F*** Out – Tiny “Zeus” Lister hosts and commentates a series of extreme sports crash clips.
* Knucklehead – WWE Studios film starring Big Show.
* Legendary – WWE Studios film starring John Cena.
* Ladder Match 2: Crash and Burn – The complete 3 DVD Ladder match compilation, released in 2011.
* Little Hercules – Hulk Hogan as Zeus, the father of Hercules, who goes to live in Los Angeles. Big Show also featured.
* MadBull – The 1977 film starring Alex Karas (years before he became Webster’s dad on TV) as “Mad Bull” Karkus, a tormented pro wrestler whose personal life has been on the skids since his wife abandoned him because of his controversial career. Yet his interest in love reignites when he meets fellow Greek Christina Sebastiani. Christina’s sensitive concern convinces Mad Bull that he can be loved for more than his fame and fortune, but a deranged stalker threatens his newfound peace.”
* Mansome – Morgan Spurlock’s documentary on make grooming, featuring a number of pro wrestlers, including Colt Cabana, Shawn Daivari and more.
* Maximum Conviction – Steve Austin and Steven Seagal are all that stands between the mob and a prison they are in the process of shutting down.
* Monster Brawl – Jimmy Hart and Kevin Nash appear for Monster Brawl, where a promoter puts together a fight to the finish among the monsters of yore (Vampire, Werewolf, etc.)…naturally, on PPV.
* The Mystical Adventures of Billy Owens – Roddy Piper appears as a pawn shop owner in this 2008 family film about a boy who finds a magic wand.
* The Naked Man – “This offbeat comedy follows the strange path of Dr. Edward Blis, a chiropractor and part-time wrestler who takes his wrestling persona — the Naked Man — to absurd new heights when he swears revenge on the men who killed his parents.”
* Nanny Insanity – Roddy Piper has a role in this 2006 comedy. “Hiring a nanny sounds like the perfect fix for Marsha (Cynthia Preston) and David McMillan (Larry Dorf), who are already saddled with stress and now have a brand-new baby on the way. But when their hired help (Alla Korot) arrives from the Ukraine, she imports a whole new set of problems. Howard Hesseman and Mindy Sterling co-star in this independent comedy based on screenwriter Andrea Malamut’s own experiences as a first-time mother.”
* Nature Boy Ric Flair: The Definitive Collection – WWE’s look back at Flair’s legacy.
* The New and Improved DX – WWE’s 2006 DVD on the Shawn Michaels-Triple H era of DX.
* OMG! WWE’s Top 50 Incidents – 2011 DVD looking at 50 of the craziest moments in company history.
* Once in a Lifetime: Cena vs. Rock – WWE’s 2012 documentary looking at the feud between John Cena and The Rock.
* Over the Top – Sylvester Stallone stars in this armwrestling drama, featuring Terry Funk as one of the henchmen facing off with Stallone.
* Paradise Alley – Sylvester Stallone’s wrestling drama set in the 1940s, featuring Terry Funk’s phenomenal performance as Frankie the Thumper. Also appearing areTed DiBiase Sr., Haku, Bob Roop, Dick Murdoch, Dory Funk Jr., Don Leo Jonathan, Don Kernodle, Gene Kiniski, Ray Stevens and yes, Dennis Stamp was even booked for the film.
* Randy Orton: Evolution of A Predator – WWE’s DVD documentary on former WWE champion Randy Orton.
* Rey Mysterio – Life of A Masked Man – WWE’s 2011 documentary on the former World and WWE champion.
* Ricky Steamboat – WWE documentary on one of the greatest babyfaces of all time.
* Rikidozan – This 2004 biopic recounts the story of Rikidozan, a sumo wrestler who can only achieve limited success in Japan because he’s half Korean. But when Rikidozan goes to the United States and discovers professional wrestling, he becomes a hero back home.
* The Rise and Fall of WCW – WWE’s documentary on the late, great World Championship Wrestling.
* Road Warriors – WWE documentary on Hawk and Animal.
* The Rock: The Epic Journey of Dwayne Johnson – WWE’s 2011 documentary on the life of The Rock and his return to the company.
* Rocky III – THe film that sparked Hulkamania, as well as the career of the original Wrestlemania main eventer, Mr. T.
* The Roast of David Hasselhoff – Hulk Hogan is among the presenters (and gets quite a skewing himself) at this Comedy Central event.
* The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment – WWE DVD release on Dwayne Johnson.
* Saturday Night Live: Season 10 – featuring episode 16, with Hulk Hogan and Mr. T sharing guesting duties to promote Wrestlemania.
* Saturday Night Live: Season 25 – featuring The Rock’s hosting and appearances by Vince McMahon, Big Show, Mick Foley, and Triple H to promote Wrestlemania 16.
* Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak & Triumph – WWE look at HBK.
* Snoop Dogg’s Hood of Horror – Diamond Dallas Page is part of the cast of Wrestlemania celebrity and hip hop legend Snoop Dogg’s horror anthology film.
* Southland Tales – Dwayne Johnson stars as a man suffering from amnesia who may hold a secret in this post-apocalyptic 2006 film.
* Stone Cold Steve Austin – The Bottom Lime on the Most Popular Superstar of All Time – WWE’s two and a hour documentary on man who changed the industry and carried them out of the Monday Night Wars a winner.
* The Stranger – “When amnesia robs a man of everything — including his own identity — he’s confounded after learning he’s wanted by the feds and Russian gangsters.” Steve Austin stars as the man without a memory.
* The Streak: Undertaker 20-0 – WWE’s look at the Undertaker’s Wrestlemania streak.
* Super Mario Bros. Supershow – 80s cartoon series starring Lou Albano as Mario.
* Tactical Force – Steve Austin stars as “Tate” of the LAPD’s Tactical Force, who end up trapped in the middle of a battle between rival gangs while on a training exercize with no active weapons.
* That’s What I Am – WWE Studios’ best reviewed film to date, the 60s period drama looks at tolerance. Randy Orton is very good in his supporting role. By far, the most soul to any WWE film and worth checking out.
* Tombstone: The History of The Undertaker – WWE looks at the career of the “Phenom.”
* Top 50 Superstars of All Time – WWE’s countdown of the top wrestlers ever…in their mind.
* Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling – WWE’s documentary on The Von Erichs and the legendary World Class promotion in Texas.
* True Story of Wrestlemania – WWE’s excellent two hour documentary on Wrestlemania’s birth and history.
* Twist of Fate – WWE’s documentary on Jeff and Matt Hardy.
* Two Headed Shark Attack – Brooke Hogan is the lead female in this B horror flick about a two headed shark eating college students. No, the shark is not named Linda.
* Very Best of WCW Monday Nitro – Edited version of the WWE DVD release looking at Nitro memories, hosted by DDP.
* Ultimate Randy Savage Collection – WWE’s Savage compilation, released in 2010.
* Universal Soldier: The Return – Bill Goldberg is featured in this sci-fi story.
* Woodshop – 2010 comedy about a High School student who must complete detention on Saturday in order to graduate. Jesse Ventura plays the Woodshop teacher overseeing the proceedings.
* WWE’s Greatest Rivalries – Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart – The complete two hour sitdown discussion between the two former WWF champions that were the cornerstones of the mid to late 1990s.
* You Think You Know Me? The Story of Edge – 2012 documentary on life and career of WWE Hall of Famer.