Here is the latest on the shakeup within TNA creative…
* Sources within TNA has indicated that Vince Russo was released from his position of lead writer in the company at some point last week. Russo had been working with Matt Conway on writing the show scripts, which were then sent onto Bruce Prichard and Eric Bischoff for tweaking and final approval.
* Dixie Carter’s Twitter statement on Russo leaving was the first official word many in TNA had heard on Russo’s status within the company. The statement also makes it appear that both sides (TNA & Russo) have agreed not to speak badly of each other.
* Dave Lagana was at TV this week. The company first hired him for the Ring Ka King project as well as other off shoot projects like All Wheels Wrestling. Lagana helped out at TV with production, as well as offering feedback and creative input. Going forward it appears as if Lagana will be working with Conway on show scripts, but he is not considered a replacement for Russo. iMPACT! is looked at as another responsibility taken on by Lagana.
* Rumors were that Lagana replaced Russo started because Lagana’s position with the company was labeled “Creative Director.” This is actually the job title he was given when the company hired him.
* Russo was considered a top confidante of Dixie Carter, and looked at as a scapegoat to many who blamed things they didn’t like about TNA on Russo.