Matt Cappotelli’s Brain Cancer Said To Be Terminal, Most Of It Was Removed


We reported earlier this year that Matt Cappotelli’s brain cancer had returned in the form of a grade IV GlioBlastoma Multiforme. According to WDRB in Louisville, KY, Cappotelli had been cancer-free for ten years prior to his diagnosis earlier this year.

For those unaware, a grade 4 glioblastoma tumor is considered the most deadly form of brain cancer. The site reports that 90% of the tumor was removed, but the other 10% was simply too close to his brain stem and inoperable. Cappotelli’s condition is terminal and apparently most patients only live for five years after diagnosis. Cappotelli’s brain is affected in ways similar to Parkinson’s disease, with slowed speech, emotional response, motor skills and function.


WDRB says Cappotelli works out every single day to stay physically fit. He also uses a device called “The Optune”, which looks like a swimming cap. The device sends pulses to his brain to stop the cancer cells from dividing and expanding. When the cells divide, it causes them to die and they don’t grow.

Cappotelli told the site, “Though it seems unfortunate, I want it to be portrayed as a story of hope … unending hope.”

There is a GoFundMe campaign for Cappotelli and his family at this link.

Trending Stories

Latest News

You can keep up with all your wrestling news right here on Or, you can follow us over on our Twitter and Facebook pages.