The following news and notes about MLW come from the most recent MLW Newsletter:
- The office of Wrestling Operations worked through the weekend to finalize contracts on a few key wrestlers as the league continues to deepen its roster.
- Myron Reed has been on the injured reserve list due to injured or broken ribs. Reed refuses to be examined by the league physician, Dr. Nelson Sweglar, believing there is a bias against him. Paranoid or not, Reed is insisting on having new athletic gear approved for his matches to help him compete while injured… an injury Injustice feels the league is liable for after Gringo Loco used Reed’s brass knuckles on him during a recent bout.
- There’s lots of chatter connected to CONTRA Unit and their desire to capture more gold in their unrelenting raid on MLW. Will Ikuro Kwon be dispatched for the World Middleweight Championship? If CONTRA chatter is to be believed, it is very possible.
- While the next MLW card is called Blood & Thunder, Court Bauer says it might as well be called fan appreciation day as the league plans to give back to the fans that helped launch the return of MLW in 2017.
- Where in the world will the 2020 Fightland card emanate from? Sources indicate we’ll know very soon. What we do know: it will take place on February 1st.
- The league’s broadcast operations are deepening its broadcast booth bench. Who would you like to see provide analysis? Let us know!