- ADVERTISMENT -
The following news and notes about MLW come from the most recent MLW Newsletter:
- Having signed a multiyear deal with MLW and in the midst of enjoying a near 6-month reign as the World Middleweight Champion, Teddy Hart says he will break ground on a training facility. The construction, known as “Project: Dungeon” will serve as the Hart family’s successor to the famed Dungeon that Stu Hart opened in his family home’s basement in the early 1950s. Teddy, a renowned wrestler, and trainer has developed some of today and tomorrow’s top wrestlers. No word on if this version will be located in a basement under a Hart mansion but pain and punishment are guaranteed.
- There is a lot of buzz in the locker room swirling around Ross and Marshall Von Erich’s debut next Saturday in Waukesha. Their legendary father has been keeping the boys focused on readying for war and instilling his 40+ years in the sport. Given the battles Kevin Von Erich had with the likes of Bruiser Brody, the Freebirds, and the One Man Gang, you couldn’t ask for a better mentor.
- Tom Lawlor is in talks to return to MMA. Lawlor’s goal is to be the first-ever two-sport double champion.
- Insiders expect Salina de la Renta to produce another episode of MLW FUSION. The Empresaria’s “vision” of Fusion proved to be a smash hit for MLW and its networks.
- A legendary luchador is in talks with the league.
- Ace Austin vs. Air Wolf has been signed for MLW’s June 1 Wisconsin debut next Saturday. Following up Air Wolf’s sensation win over one of Mexico’s elite luchadores Rey Fenix, the masked Minnesotan looks to make a statement that he’s a player and his win over Fenix wasn’t a “Big Apple Miracle” but the arrival of a future star in the sport. He’ll be tested as Atlantic City’s Ace Austin is in the hunt for another crack at the middleweight belt. This Fury Road bout promises to be an amazing aerial contest.