The following news and notes about MLW come from the most recent MLW Newsletter:
- MLW has formed a strategic global alliance initiative. The purpose is to forge relationships with international federations to create a unified global alliance to help introduce the sport to new markets, exchange talent, collaborate on content and develop opportunities for fans, athletes and the sport. It is MLW’s mission that these efforts present dream matches, easily accessible high-quality content and advancements in the sport.
- Sources within Promociones Dorado indicate Salina de la Renta has a “take no prisoners” mindset when it comes to Konnan and retrieving her iPhone. With the Find my iPhone deactivated, she has been unable to wipe the phone… and now Konnan has access to sensitive Promociones Dorado information… and likely personal data on Salina.
- Austin Aries has been aggressive in the public and behind closed doors about his campaign for a World Middleweight Title match. Could we see Aries vs. Teddy Hart in an MLW ring in 2019?
- Most of MLW’s referees have completed their CPR and life-saving training. In addition to the men in pinstripes, a few backstage coordinators and producers have also partaken in CPR /life-saving training.
- The league is having meetings with leading sports analytics and insights groups from the private sector. The league is exploring furthering athlete development and injury prevention in addition to bout analysis and athlete evaluations.
- Tony Schiavone is at MLW’s headquarters today in Westchester, New York. The legendary voice will be calling the action starting with the next episode of MLW Fusion.