The following news and notes about MLW come from the most recent MLW Newsletter:
- Davey Boy Smith Jr. is indeed in talks with league officials about a World Heavyweight Title fight. No timeline but “talks are progressing with both camps,” according to a league source. Smith won a recent Twitter poll by a landslide, with fans demanding that the Bulldog be the next challenger for “Filthy” Tom Lawlor’s coveted belt.
- World Middleweight Champion Teddy Hart welcomed a new black Persian cat named Loyalty to the family. No word on if Mr. Money II is the father.
- Mance Warner has been training on his Uncle Grits’ farm on the outskirts fo Hickman County in Tennessee as his war with Promociones Dorado has escalated in recent days. Could Ol Mancer be bringing a pitchfork or a pig with him to the next MLW event? Knowing the “Southern Psychopath,” probably both.
- Brian Pillman Jr. recently returned from a tour of the United Kingdom. The 2018 Rookie of the Year hit the competitive UK circuit hard; working for several top organizations. The talented “Cincinnati Kid” won the Wrestle League Grand Prix Championship. Along the way, the youngest member of the Hart Foundation even picked up a few new techniques. Perhaps we’ll see them in action during his bid to make history and become the first-ever National Openweight Champion.
- Prospect Tristen Thai has signed with the league. Tristen is a standout on the northeast wrestling circuit.
- There’s a tease of The Dynasty feuding with the newly-signed Von Erichs – Ever the true elitists, The Dynasty has taken to social media to scoff at the signing of Ross and Marshall Von Erich. Alex Hammerstone and MJF both made some rather unsportsmanlike comments about the 3rd generation grapplers.