A new job listing shows that WWE is looking for a Continuity/Script Supervisor.
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Maintain and Oversee the weekly Continuity documents for RAW and SmackDown Live
- In charge of proofreading all drafts of RAW, SmackDown Live and PPV Scripts each week
- Will assure all major stories, graphics and transitions are being brought forward for all shows and nothing is being overlooked
- Create, set and communicate weekly checklists for all shows to keep Lead Writers on track and making sure they are bringing all stories forward
- Responsible for watching all shows and up to date on all creative and all WWE related events (Digital, Social, Publix Relations, Community Relations, etc.)
- Serve as a liaison between RAW and SmackDown Live to ensure continuity between the creative of both shows
- Works closely with Head of Department, VPs and Lead Writers throughout the creative process to ensure the entire Creative Writing Team is on the same page
It is important to note that there is a disclaimer stating this individual will not be pitching creative ideas or assisting the writing staff in any storyline-centric way.
To check out the full job listing, click here.
Do you think that writers who have a history of telling continuous stories on television can improve the WWE product? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.