As seen on WWE TV recently, WWE Superstar Randy Orton has been off TV since his match with Triple H at WWE Super ShowDown. A report from Fightful claims Orton has been off WWE TV for the last month or so due to a neck injury. Orton had the injury evaluated last week, and he’s expected to be returning soon.
Orton injured his neck during a match against Aleister Black at a WWE live event. With that being said, Orton was already slated to take some vacation time off, so WWE reportedly gave him two extra weeks to rest up and heal.
Orton was scheduled to appear at Saturday night’s WWE SmackDown! Live house show in Utica, NY, but he was unable to make it to the event due to travel issues. Orton is expected to appear at tonight’s live event instead.
The neck injury Randy Orton is dealing with is not said to be serious and there weren’t any immediate plans to use him on TV either. That is the reason he was given additional time off.
This isn’t the first neck issue Orton has had in his career. The WWE SmackDown! Live Superstar was off for most of 2015 due to a neck injury.