Tye Dillinger beat an enhancement wrestler in the dark match. I didn’t catch the guy’s name, but he was Asian and has a gimmick that’s part Papa Shango, part Hakushi. Dillinger won with the fireman’s carry dropped over the knee.
1. Bayley pinned Alexa Bliss. These two worked hard and had a very solid match. Bayley won clean with her finisher. Bayley cut a promo post-match about getting back on track when she was interrupted by Nia Jax. Jax just walked to the ring, got in Bayley’s face, and then backed up the ramp.
2. The Hype Bros vs. Blake and Murphy when to a no-contest when Rhyno made his return with Gores all around.
3. The Revival beat American Alpha in a 2/3 falls match to retain the NXT Tag Team Championships. Alpha scored the first win with tandem ankle locks, Jordan in the ring and Gable at ringside. Revival got the second fall with an inverted figure-four on Jordan. Revival won the match with a surprise Shatter Machine on the apron.
Samoa Joe came out to cut a promo. He said he was there to witness Finn Balor vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. He said that he slayed the Demon Balor, and he’s the emperor to conquer the King of Strong Style. Rhyno interrupted to confront Joe, but Joe backed down.
1. Austin Aries squashed Patrick Clark. Aries won with the Last Chancery and then held onto the hold past the bell. Afterwards, No Way Jose ran down and put a beating on Aries until Aries ran out of the arena through the lobby.
2. Andrade Almas over Angelo Dawkins. Almas hit the double-knees and a split-legged moonsault for the win.
3. Asuka submitted Eva Marie to the Asuka Lock.
1. Samoa Joe choked out Rhyno.
2. The Authors of Pain beat American Alpha. The Authors attacked Alpha while Alpha were making their entrance. After some delay, Alpha hit the ring and cleared the Authors before the match finally got underway. This appeared to be Alpha’s write-off from NXT.
3. Bayley pinned Nia Jax. This one went long at a pace that wasn’t exactly stellar. Bayley looked to be in trouble, but she scored the win after a Bayley-to-Belly from the second rope.
4. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Finn Balor. This match will be edited into the second show taped. After a very good back-and-forth match with some excellent near-falls, Nakamura got the win with the Kinshasa. Post-match, the two hugged before Balor left the ring to Nakamura to close. Presumably after the show went off-air, Balor came back out with a couple bottles of water and the two gave a non-alcoholic Stone Cold salute. They did each other’s poses and Finn made his way around ringside to greet fans before the show closed with both guys at the top of the ramp delivering a “Yeaoh” and leaving together.