Following this week’s episode of AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam, the following matches and segments were taped for this Friday night’s episode of AEW Rampage: Grand Slam:
* CM Punk pinned Will Hobbs with the GTS in a very good bout that saw Hobbs really step up and put quite a beating on Punk. Punk pulled out the flying elbow. Punk was wearing trunks again after wearing pants in his debut match against Darby Allin.
* Adam Cole and The Young Bucks defeated Jurassic Express in a truly fun bout with a lot of big spots and sequences. The ending sequence saw Luchasaurus get hit with a panama sunrise, BTE trigger, and the last shot.
* Men of the Year (Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page) defeated Chris Jericho & Jake Hager. Hager and Jericho went to attack Dan Lambert but all the MMA fighters who have been showing up lately attacked and laid them out in a group beating. Tony Khan ran out on stage but got laid out as well and tossed. Not sure that was on the broadcast part of the segment.
* Santana & Ortiz (dressed like the Furies from the Warriors) and the Lucha Brothers defeated the Butcher, the Blade and Private Party. This was absolutely awesome. Orange Cassidy made a cameo laying out Jack Evans.
* Sammy Guevara and Fuego Del Sol were doing the promo with the signs but Miro showed up and laid waste to them. Miro applied the “Game Over” on Guevara. He then teared a card in half that said “the next TNT champ.”
* Penelope Ford pinned Anna Jay after using brass knocks. Tay Conti hit the ring to make the save. The Hardy Family came out but Orange Cassidy, Kris Statlander and Dark Order ran them off. Evil Uno and Stu Grayson walked off from the rest of the Dark Order. Uno teased going down the heel tunnel, but they went down the other one with Grayson instead. There was a big hug in the ring, without Colt Cabana, who was on the stage and looked to be upset about what was going on with the group.
* Eddie Kingston and Jon Moxley defeated Lance Archer and Minoru Suzuki in a lights out no DQ no countdown match. This was a brawl that took place all around ringside with weapons and featured tons of physicality with everyone taking big bumps and absorbing lots of punishment including chops and strikes. At one point, Moxley’s arms were taped behind his back leaving him prone to take a massive beating from his opponents. Music eventually hit and former ROH Champion Homicide appeared. He ended up cutting the tape to free Moxley. Kingston put a trash can over Archer’s head and whacked it with a kendo stick over 20 times and got the pinfall victory for himself and Moxley.
(h/t – Pwinsider)