WWE Hall of Famer Tammy “Sunny” Sytch is trying to delay the ongoing DUI Manslaughter case against her, which could result in her spending decades in prison.
Sytch was arrested in May, in relation to her involvement in a vehicular accident that killed Julian Lasseter.
According to Pwinsider, Sytch’s attorney filed a motion with Volusia County Court in Florida advising that Sytch is waiving her right to a speedy trial.
On the same day as the filing, her attorney also filed a motion asking for her August 11, pre-trial hearing to be postponed.
The full filing can be found below.
- “This defendant in this case is currently charged by Information with one count of DUI Manslaughter, one count of DWLS with Death and six counts of misdemeanor DUI.
- The Office of the Public Defender was appointed in this matter on June 30, 2022, after private counsel withdrew.
- Discovery in this matter to date includes over sixty videos and several hundred photographs.
- Additional time is needed to prepare this case for trial.
- Depositions have been scheduled for September 13, 2022. Additional depositions will be scheduled as defense counsel reviews additional discovery.
- The defendant has filed a written waiver of her right to a speedy trial.
- Assistant State Attorney Ashley Terwilleger has been contacted and does not object to the granting of this motion.
- Defense counsel would request that the next PreTrial Conference be scheduled in either October or November 2022, at the court’s discretion.
- This motion is made in good faith and not for purposes of delay.”
You can keep up with all your wrestling news right here on eWrestlingNews.com. Or, you can follow us over on our Twitter and Facebook pages.