WWE sent out the following press release, revealing the official trailer and schedule for their upcoming Ruthless Aggression series:
The Ruthless Aggression Era, one of the most transformative periods in WWE history, is the subject of a new original docuseries coming soon to WWE Network.
The first episode of WWE Ruthless Aggression debuts Sunday, Feb. 16, available on demand starting at 10 a.m. ET. Ensuing episodes will be added to WWE Network’s on-demand section every Monday at 10 a.m. ET starting Feb. 17.
WWE Ruthless Aggression picks up where WWE Network’s critically acclaimed Monday Night War docuseries left off, detailing the prolific, if turbulent, years that followed the Attitude Era, after WWE won the battle for Monday night supremacy and absorbed its top rival, WCW.
Famous for giving rise to legendary WWE Superstars like John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton and Batista, the Ruthless Aggression Era was also a time of remarkable innovation for WWE. The company introduced new concepts like the Elimination Chamber Match and Money in the Bank Ladder Match, and, for the first time in its history, split the roster into two unique brands: Raw and SmackDown.
WWE Ruthless Aggression will feature brand-new interviews with Cena, Batista, Orton, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Mark Henry, Becky Lynch, Kevin Owens, The Miz, Paul Heyman, Bruce Prichard and many more, giving WWE fans firsthand accounts of events that transpired in front of, and behind, the camera. Each episode is also packed with rare and never-before-seen footage, providing unprecedented access to the Ruthless Aggression Era.
* Episode 1 – It’s Time To Shake Things Up Available Sunday, Feb. 16 at 10 AM ET As The Monday Night War comes to a close, WWE reckons with the challenges that arise from its acquisition of WCW and the departure of established Superstars like “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and The Rock, as well as makes the bold decision to split its roster between two brands.
* Episode 2 – Enter John Cena Available Monday, Feb. 17 at 10 AM ET A new, if polarizing, Superstar emerges in the form of John Cena. After enjoying initial success, Cena struggles to find himself as a performer and realizes he’s on on the brink of being fired — that is, until his adoption of new persona launches him to new heights.
* Episode 3 – Evolution Available Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 AM ET No faction ruled the Ruthless Aggression Era more than Evolution, the dominant union of Triple H, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Batista. Find out what brought the four legends together and, for the first time ever, learn about the obstacles that threatened to derail Evolution from the start.
* Episode 4 – The Next Big Thing Available Monday, March 2 at 10 AM ET Follow Brock Lesnar’s meteoric rise in WWE and get the full story behind his controversial and headline-making decision to abruptly leave in 2004 — at arguably the pinnacle of his young career — to pursue endeavors outside sports-entertainment.
* Episode 5 – Civil War: Raw vs. SmackDown Available Monday, March 9 at 10 AM ET Go in depth on WWE’s groundbreaking decision to split its roster between two brands, Raw and SmackDown, from the myriad behind-the-scenes challenges, to the intense competition that erupted between the brands and their Superstars.