Like every year, the Japanese magazine Tokyo Sports held the Puroresu Awards, in which its readers vote for many categories to decide who had the best year of Japanese wrestling. Below the full list of the awards and the respective winners for 2021.
- MVP Award – Shingo Takagi (NJPW
- Best Bout Award – Go Shiozaki vs Keiji Mutoh (NOAH)
- Outstanding Performance Award – Jake Lee (AJPW)
- Fighting Spirit Award – Konosuke Takeshita (DDT)
- Technique Award – Great-O-Khan (NJPW)
- Best Tag Team Award – Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr.) (NJPW)
- Best Newcomer Award – Yuki Arai (Tokyo Joshi Pro)
- Women’s Wrestling Grand Prize – Utami Hayashishita (Stardom)
- Achievement Award – Rumi Kazama
Shingo Takagi won his first MVP award, confirming NJPW’s tradition at the top since the last time a non NJPW wrestler won this award was in 2010, when the winner was NOAH’s Takeshi Morishima.
Taichi and Zack bring the Tag Team award back to NJPW for the first time since 2010 (the winners back then were Strong Man and Manabu Nakanishi), but the dominance of the company over the Best Bout award is over: after six straight wins, the prize goes to NOAH’s Go Shiozaki and Keiji Mutoh.