Tonight’s episode of WWE NXT is presented from the WWE Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida.
Follow along here for results of all the matches and noteworthy moments and keep refreshing for updates. Be sure to chat it up in the comments below and tell us your thoughts while watching this episode!
- The show started with a Becky Lynch promo. She put over Tiffany Stratton as a tough fighter, prompting Stratton to come out and demand her rematch (that Becky was already willing to give her) for NXT No Mercy. After some more trash talking, Becky took a shot at Tiffany. Kiana James then helped Stratton fight The Man, but Becky was able to run them off with a steel chair. She wants a handicap match for later tonight after interrupting Ilja Dragunov’s backstage promo that was essentially him saying “I’m going to win the NXT title at No Mercy.”
- Meta-Four tried out a Matrix like promo about how it doesn’t matter who wins the Heritage Cup title shot, as Noam Dar will retain over all of them.
- Backstage, Dominik Mysterio tried to fan the flames between Trick Williams and Carmelo Hayes by saying Trick is in Melo’s shadow.
- NXT Global Heritage Invitational Group A Match: Butch defeated Tyler Bate by pinfall.
- Thea Hail and Jacy Jayne went clothes shopping to give Hail more of Jayne’s vibe.
- NXT Global Heritage Invitational Group B Match: Duke Hudson defeated Joe Coffey by pinfall. This has forced a Triple Threat for later on tonight between Hudson, Coffey and Nathan Frazer to settle who wins Group B.
- Roxanne Perez defeated Lola Vice by pinfall.
- Backstage, Roxanne offered to team with Becky, who appreciated the offer, but turned it down.
- Dominik Mysterio defeated Carmelo Hayes by disqualification after interference from Ilja Dragunov, who angrily went after Dom after a confrontation. Dragon Lee then laid out Mysterio to pose with the North American Championship to hype up their match for Raw next week.
- Backstage, Joe Gacy and Ava told Trick Williams that they can help him if he joins Schism. Trick said no.
- In another locker room, Andre Chase gave Duke Hudson a pep talk.
- NXT Global Heritage Invitational Group B Triple Threat Match: Joe Coffey defeated Duke Hudson and Nathan Frazer by pinfall on Hudson to win Group B.
- Mustafa Ali is upset that Dragon Lee gets a North American Championship shot before him, so he’ll be there on Monday Night Raw to set things straight.
- Josh Briggs is upset at Fallon Henley for bringing Myles Borne into the mix and having him screw them over last week. Brooks Jensen wants everyone to settle down. Baron Corbin interrupts to tell them all to shut up as they’re ruining his massage.
- Next week, Hayes and Dragunov have a contract signing, Joe Gacy vs Trick Williams, Gigi Dolin vs Blair Davenport, Eddy Thorpe vs Dijak in a Strap Match and more.
- Before the handicap match started, James and Stratton attacked Lynch. Lyra Valkyria came to the rescue and this became a tag team match. Tag Team Match: Becky Lynch and Lyra Valkyria defeated Kiana James and Tiffany Stratton by pinfall with Valkyria pinning James. After the match, Stratton went on the attack with a steel chair to lay out Lynch and pose with the NXT Women’s Championship. Lynch then said that if that’s how Stratton wants to play it, their No Mercy match is going to be Extreme Rules.
What did you think of this episode of NXT? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com