Earlier this month, we reported that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon is working on some big changes to the WWE Network that are expected to be implemented by 2019. McMahon is reportedly overseeing the entire process and is working with Kevin Dunn and Brad Blum (WWE’s Chief of Staff) to come up with ways to tweak the company’s strategies for original programming as well as put together a tiered version of the WWE Network. The company hopes to lock in their new WWE Network strategy within the next month or so then implement these changes sometime in 2019.
In an update, WWE recently sent out a survey noting that “WWE is considering a new premium tier for WWE Network, offering more content, features and perks,” the survey states. “This tier would be available for $15 per month.” Here’s what was listed as included in this tier:
- Current and archived in-ring programming from ICW and Progress Wrestling
- Live monthly Saturday Night Main Event show
- Special live events (e.g., special house shows)
- Free shipping on all merchandise purchased on WWE Shop
- Automatic membership into a loyalty program to earn WWE prizes
- Early access to live event tickets
- Automatic entry into WWE-themed sweepstakes
- Ability to stream and download WWE content on up to 4 devices concurrently (instead of 2)
NJPW, ROH, Lucha Underground, Evolve, wXw, AAA, Championship Wrestling From Hollywood and more were listed in order to find out which promotions that fans would watch on the WWE Network.