- Born: 06/12/1971 in Silsbee, Texas
- Birthname: Mark Jerrold Henry
- Height & Weight: 6'4", 360 Ib
- Arnold Strongman Classic – Winner 2002
- First man in history to one-hand clean and push press the “unliftable” Thomas Inch dumbbell (172 lbs; 2.47″ diameter handle)
- International Sports Hall of Fame (Class of 2012)
- World Heavyweight Championship (WWE)
- ECW Championship
- WWF European Championship
- WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2018)
He was a two-time Olympian in 1992 and 1996 and a Silver, Gold and Bronze Medalist at the Pan American Games in 1995. As a powerlifter, he was WDFPF World Champion (1995) and a two-time U.S. National Champion (1995 and 1997) as well as an all-time raw world record holder in the squat and deadlift.
Currently, he still holds the WDFPF world records in the squat, deadlift and total[ and the USAPL American record in the deadlift since 1995. He is credited for the biggest raw squat and raw powerlifting total ever performed by a drug tested athlete, regardless of weight class, as well as the greatest raw deadlift by an American citizen. In weightlifting, Henry was a three-time U.S. National Weightlifting Champion (1993, 1994, 1996), an American Open winner (1992), a two-time U.S. Olympic Festival Champion (1993 and 1994) and a NACAC champion (1996). He holds all three Senior US American weightlifting records of 1993-1997. In 2002 he won the first annual Arnold Strongman Classic.
Since joining the World Wrestling Federation (now WWE) in 1996, he has become a one-time WWF European Champion and a two-time world champion, having held the ECW Championship in 2008, and the World Heavyweight Championship in 2011.
vs. Kane & Big Show at Night of Champions 2008
vs. Randy Orton at Night of Champions 2011
vs. Jerry Lawler
vs. The Undertaker
vs. Big Show
Other Notable Achievements
Mark Henry’s 430.0 kg (948.0 lbs) raw squat and 410.0 kg
(903.9 lbs) deadlift, done on July 16, 1995 is the highest raw “squat-pull-2-lift-total” (squat+deadlift=1851.9 lbs) ever lifted in a competition.