Bryan Danielson vs. Dustin Rhodes – AEW World Championship Tournament
Danielson locks in a guillotine. Dustin begins to fade and Danielson locks it in deeper. Dustin Rhodes passes out and Danielson wins!
Winner: Bryan Danielson
– Kenny Omega (not Omaga smh Excalibur) is backstage with the Elite. Kenny’s heard the Hangman news, it’s the Dark Order vs. The Elite next week for the Halloween Episode. He says he should be excited for the halloween episode, he can’t be. He knows all of Hangman’s insecurities, he knows he’s terrified to face Omega at the PPV. He says if the people knew who he really was they wouldn’t chant cowboy shit, they’d be chanting COWARD shit.
FTR is back and ready to cut a promo on the current AEW tag team champions. They say they watched all these tag teams cosplay as great champions for the last year but now they’re ready to get the belts back. We get a response from Pentagon, Alex translates to tell us that they hurt Fenix, and they took their titles. If they want to play dirty The Lucha Brothers will show them dirty. They say revenge is coming. FTR say if you think the black eye is bad wait till Full Gear. Top Guys out.
– It starts to snow and the Stinger is here to give us an update on everybody’s favorite daredevil Darby Allin. Tony asks Sting about Darby and before he can even respond MJF’s theme hits. MJF asks the people of Florida to show some class for once, doubtful. He calls Sting Darby’s little emo daddy. MJF says he’s not here to fight Sting, he’s here for a gentleman’s chat. He says Sting doesn’t want to tell the people the truth because the truth is their hero isn’t coming back. The crowd silences MJF for a moment with some unsavory chants. MJF calls Sting a bad person and continues to insult the state of Florida. MJF says when people need Sting the most he’s nowhere to be found. He says it’s no surprise Darby ended up like Stings old friend Lex Luger….in a wheel chair.
Sting drops MJF with a right hand. The Pinnacle hit the ring to attack sting but he fights them off momentarily. The numbers and Wardlow’s strength is too much for Sting to overcome. Spears lays away at sting with a number of chair shots. MJF smiles over his dirty work and Spears sets a chair out in the center of the ring. MJF puts his jacket back on and sits in the chair. He asks if he’s broken Darby mentally now. They set the fallen Sting in the lap of MJF and he tells Darby to look at him. He says no matter how much people chant his name, no matter how bad they want to see him come back, if he comes back, this is his future. He tells
Darby he will always be second best to MJF, and MJF alone. MJF coins a familiar term saying he’s the PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE of professional wrestling. MJF and The Pinnacle go to leave but Sting starts to get to his feet. MJF drops Sting with a right hand and the Dynamite diamond ring.
Dr. Britt Baker is backstage with Tony and we get the announcement of Britt vs. Tay at Full Gear for the AEW Women’s championship. Britt says all Tay has done since shes got to AEW is show people her ass. Britt says if Tay worked her way to the top Full Gear would’ve been a good match but because she went about it the way she did she’s gonna beat Tay’s ass that she likes to show off.
Ruby Soho vs. Penelope Ford – TBS Title Tournament
Soho with a rollup for the pinfall and victory to advance and face Statlander.
Winner: Ruby Soho
Post Match: The Bunny and Ford look to attack Ruby but Red Velvet hits the ring to make the save. Excalibur reminds us Red Velvet will face The Bunny in the tournament explaining this save.
– MJF is backstage and has more to say, he starts to cut a promo on Darby but Wardlow cuts him off. Wardlow asks what that was about last week. MJF plays dumb and says what. Wardlow reminds him that MJF sent him into fight Sting alone. MJF says he’s sorry it was fight or flight and wont happen again. He credits Wardlow for doing so well but thinks he’s had to do too much. He assigns Wardlow an AcountAbilABuddy. That will be non other than the Chairman Shawn Spears. Wardlow is confused but MJF walks off before he can complain.
Bobby Fish vs. Anthony Greene
Bobby Fish with a last rights knockout kick that doesn’t connect very well, Fish covers for the victory.
Winner: Bobby Fish
Greene gets to his feet and Fish kicks his leg out from behind him dropping Greene to the mat. Fish taunts the crowd and lays into Greene with some stiff forearms. Excalibur implies the referee can suspend Bobby Fish, seems unlikely. CM Punk hits the ring to break this one apart, no theme and Punk’s regular gear make him hard to make out from the crowd. Looks like we’re getting Fish vs. Punk soon.
Lio Rush is backstage with Dante Martin and says he’s gotta mentor Dante and show him that anything is possible as long as he has the tools. Rush says things Sydal hasn’t done since meeting him. Dante says Sydal is one of the best of the world. Lio says he gave Sydal a chance to show he’s the best in the world. Lio says he bets Dante can beat Sydal, and he knows he can beat Sydal so he got them a match for next week. Dante says against who? Lio lets him know it’ll be Lio and Dante vs. The Sydal brothers. Dante seems unsure about this but it’s time for our next match.
Eddie Kingston vs. Lance Archer – AEW World Title Tournament
Archer lands directly on his head and TONY NEESE is in the front row for AEW Dynamite. Neese shakes his head. We get a replay and that was a nasty moonsault. Archer rolls to the outside and we get a doctor to ringside to check on Archer. It looks like Archer is good to continue as Archer crawls inside the ring. Kingston gets a roll up and pinfall for the victory.
Winner: Eddie Kingston
Ethan Page is here and reminds us that The Inner Circle sucks. He’s here to tell us why they suck in detail. He says he’s never seen Hager fight in MMA, but he’s seen Scorpio Sky pin him at Grand Slam. He says Santana and Ortiz are hard, they’re from the streets but The Men of the Year run the streets. Page says it’s time for Jericho who isn’t here tonight which is fortunate because now there’s time to get Ethan Page a microphone. Page says last week Jericho just tried to flirt with Paige VanZandt but the only thing he’ll be kissing is Masvidal’s knee.
Ethan Page says he and Sky are the future of this company not the PR nightmare Sammy Guevara. Sammy comes out and says enough Ethan. He borrows a phrase from Jericho and asks Page to please, Shut, The Hell, Up. He says how long is Page gonna cry about how lifes unfair. Guevara gets it sometimes life sucks but he worked his ass off to become TNT champion. Ethan says the reason Page isn’t further is because the only who cares about his work in AEW is himself. Guevara asks Lambert what his stipulations are for their match.
Lambert tells Sammy to lighten up, he’s actually kind of proud of Sammy because they know what he can do in this ring, but what a surprise of how he’s competing in the ring. He says maybe this will end the rumors of Sammy sucking on the stick. Oooh. He asks if Sammy has taken more brain damage from his 630s or his hair spray. Lambert says Sammy has his match at Full Gear, if and only if Sammy comes to Dynamite next week and successfully defends his title against Ethan Page next week. Lambert says if Sammy loses, he doesn’t only lose the title but he’ll leave the INNER CIRCLE FOREVER. Oh gee this again.
Sammy says Lambert has a deal on one condition, if he wins he gets to choose who from American Top Team will be in the ten man tag. Sky says since Guevara is in such an accepting mood maybe he can accept this beat down. Guevara isn’t scared because im sure he has friends around. Sky and Page attack but it only lasts a minute as Hager and Proud n Powerful make the save.
Moxley is in a room, he says he should be yelling and screaming about how he’s supposed to win this tournament. He says that’s not what he’s thinking about, what he’s thinking about is his daughter. He says she grabbed his broken pinky and in that moment it occurred to him that he doesn’t give a crap about any of this. He doesn’t care about the tournament, the title, the ratings, who said what on twitter, he doesn’t care about the demo.
He could care less, what he cares about is his family and making it home safe. He says for that to happen other people have to get hurt. He says it’d be easier if he was a mailman but this is what he does. He says this is some everyone goes into a dark alley and only one guy comes out kind of stuff. His message to everyone in this tournament is he’ll get them before they get him and he’s gonna win this whole damn thing.
– The Dark Order are backstage and Hangman Page is back with his pals. He says they were right that they’re not going to always agree. He says if they’re going to face the Elite they’ll need to have a costume. Uno says he’s going to be Bambi. The rest of the Dark Order discuss who they want to be next week.
Jungle Boy vs. Brandon Cutler
Cutler and Jungle Boy exchange strikes before Jungle Boy powerbombs Cutler in the center of the ring. Jungle Boy locks in the snare trap and Cutler taps immediately.
Winner: Jungle Boy
Jungle Boy has a mic, oh boy that’s exciting. He calls Cutler a nice little warm up. Good try dude. He says he’s feeling pretty good still and ready to go again. He says why don’t one of you elite PIECES OF SHIT come on down right now. He says anyone of you come on. Jungle Boy locks the snare trap back in on Cutler and Cutler begs for help.
– Adam Cole comes out and asks Jungle Boy what the hell is the matter with him. Cole calls Jungle Boy an embarrassment. He says if he wants to fight a member of The Elite so bad he’s here right now. Cole says they should fight right here right now. Adam Cole gets onto the ring apron and Jungle Boy drops him off with a forearm. The Young Bucks sneak in and drop Jungle Boy with a superkick. The Elite jump Jungle Boy up the entrance ramp. They call for the BTE Trigger at the top of the stage. The Bucks lift Jungle Boy up and he eats a knee to the back of the head from Adam Cole. Commentary explains Luchasaurus is out injured. They drag Jungle Boy near the commentary booth and we get the Young Bucks kiss on Jungle Boy, The Young Bucks tell Jim Ross to call the action as they throw Jungle Boy off the stage through a table. Adam Cole stands over his work and yells at him to wake up.
– We are back from break and Miro is talking to his god yet again. He says his wife needs her champion back. Miro says let them make him fight one hundred times and he will snap one hundred necks. He says it’s not because they want it but because he will leave no choice. Miro says he will hold her with blood on his hands and that’s on you.
Malaki Black vs. Cody Rhodes
Cody goes for a cross rhodes, he holds on and hits a double underhook tiger driver 98. Cody goes for the pinfall and finally beats Malakai Black.
Winner: Cody Rhodes