Welcome to the live results watch page for AEW REVOLUTION 2021 pay-per-view!
The event is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET with the Buy In, followed by the main show starting at 8 p.m.
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- (Buy In) Britt Baker and Maki Itoh defeated Riho and Thunder Rosa by pinfall.
- AEW World Tag Team Championship Match: The Young Bucks (c) defeated The Inner Circle (MJF and Chris Jericho) by pinfall.
- Death Triangle won the Casino Tag Team Royale
- AEW Women’s World Championship Match: Hikaru Shida (c) defeated Ryo Mizunami by pinfall.
- Miro and Kip Sabian defeated Chuck Taylor and Orange Cassidy by submission.
- “Hangman” Adam Page defeated “Big Money” Matt Hardy by pinfall.
- Scorpio Sky won the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match
- Street Fight: Darby Allin and Sting defeated Team Taz (Brian Cage and Ricky Starks) by pinfall.
- AEW World Championship Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match: Kenny Omega (c) defeated Jon Moxley by pinfall.
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
- Maki Itoh’s the replacement for Reba? I didn’t see that one coming. Neat.
- ROFL Itoh’s flying headbutt idea made me pop.
- Thunder Rosa is arguably the best woman on the roster and she’s not even on the roster. If AEW doesn’t do everything they can to sign her, that’s a shame.
- Bad DDT from Baker on Rosa, who just fell forward in the moment.
- Bad “Baker hits Reba by accident” spot, too. Clunky.
- Good call having Reba nail Rosa with the crutch for the win.
AEW World Tag Team Championship Match
- I’m hoping for new champions. How about you?
- Judas is legit catchy. I still like Break Down the Walls better, but this is a great song.
- Correct me if I’m wrong, but neither of these two guys can submit to the Sharpshooters because no one has been established as the legal competitors. Then again, this is AEW. Tag team rules don’t exist.
- Good character work from The Inner Circle here. This also proves that The Young Bucks work best as babyfaces.
- They’re getting me on these near-falls. Three of them so far had me thinking that was the end. Make that four.
- The slobberknocker joke was good. That might have been my favorite bit of commentary from JR in his AEW career so far.
- Well there goes my prediction for the titles to change hands. Very good match, though.
Casino Tag Team Royale
- Since we don’t have the playing card suits involved here, can AEW stop calling things “Casino ____”? That should be saved for Double or Nothing and no other time. This match should’ve been called something not related to gambling. Even the Tag Team Rush Royale would have been better in my mind.
- Cezar Bononi’s gear reminds me of Baskin-Robbins. Bononi always finds out.
- QT Marshall eliminates The Gunn Club, then himself, then spits at Dustin Rhodes. Hm. Interesting.
- What was that, Evil Uno?? Marko Stunt does a hurricanrana and you take a second, then run halfway across the apron into the ring post? Woof.
- Bear Country, The Butcher and The Blade all got too much time in the sun, it seems. They’re all a vibrant red color.
- No Top Flight or Chaos Project? I didn’t expect them to win or anything, but I’m curious why they weren’t involved.
- I’m cool with Death Triangle winning. Admittedly, I feel a little blah about it, rather than super pumped, but that match will be good. That’s something to look forward to.
AEW Women’s World Championship Match
- Ryo Mizunami’s weak chops…no. You’re patting her.
- I’m not feeling this.
- Yeah. This is slow and boring. Lots of moves aren’t being pulled off well. They keep slowing down as if they’re concussed or something. I’m not liking this.
- Ugh. Please don’t tell me they’re just doing Shida against Nyla Rose again. We’ve seen it multiple times. Don’t pull a WWE here and just keep repeating the same stuff. Try harder. Sign more people. This division is easily the weakest part of AEW.
Miro and Kip Sabian vs Best Friends
- Starting this with a backstage attack was an interesting way to go about it, I’ll give them that.
- Hell of a kick from Miro to Orange Cassidy after he had pushed OC into Penelope Ford.
- No need to have had this on the card.
Big Money Matt Hardy vs Hangman Adam Page
- Damn it. I’m not loving this, either. Pick up the pace, guys. This pay-per-view has a dangerous reverse bell curve going on with these past 2 matches and this one.
- This was fine. I’ll forget everything about it by the end of the night, I’m sure.
- At least the right person won and with help from his buddies The Dark Order like it should have been. Proper booking.
Face of the Revolution Ladder Match
- Max Caster is really rising up this hierarchy. Not too long ago, I wasn’t so big on him and that’s completely changed.
- Also, I love that there is a literal brass ring they’re grabbing. I’ve pitched that very same idea.
- Ethan Page is one of the surprises of the night, but for anyone who is feeling upset about that, thinking Paul Wight’s built up someone bigger, I caution you to hold off on that. I wholeheartedly anticipate a second announcement, rather than Ethan Page being the surprise.
- As far as Ethan Page goes, I’m honestly not familiar with him. This will be the first true time I’m seeing him in action. Hopefully, he’ll impress.
- Some good spots here and there. This is a step up.
- Hm…very curious if this deal with Cody Rhodes being taken out of the match is just a work that was planned ahead or if that’s more of a legit thing due to a legit injury. I lean more toward it being a mix wherein it was planned, but his injury is quite real.
- Admittedly, it’s very distracting having that in the corner of the screen. My eyes are naturally looking over in that direction rather than focusing on the action in the ring. I think that’s a mistake.
- Eventually, that’s been corrected and now, my attention is truly back on the ring. I’m glad someone else noticed that.
- “Reach for the sky!” = The PERFECT chant for people to be cheering for Scorpio Sky in a ladder match. I absolutely love it.
- Well, now that Cody’s back in, that confirms it was part of the match. They had me questioning it, which is great. And now, for the record, I want Cody to win, turn heel, beat Darby Allin for the title and join the Four Horsemen stable that has been growing.
- I wish I could think of a good Sonic the Hedgehog, Lifesavers or Cheerios joke to go with this brass ring.
- I dig Scorpio Sky, so I’m glad he won. I’d like to see him win the title, actually.
Christian Cage was announced as the mystery signing. I can’t believe WWE let this happen. That just goes to show you how problematic WWE is right now.
Street Fight: Darby Allin and Sting vs Team Taz
- Someone fix Taz’s microphone, immediately. Thank you.
- I figured this would be a cinematic match. So far, I haven’t been fond of nearly any of those. Let’s see if this is any different, or if I end up thinking “Well, for a vignette, this was interesting, but it felt too fake and hokey and I hated how they had background music.”
- Unfortunately, starting off with a super long intro for Darby Allin and then following it with background music is starting to already head in the wrong direction for me.
- Easily my favorite part of this (so far) was Team Taz swinging Allin into the glass.
- HAHAHA they rang a bell with Sting punching Ricky Starks. Kudos to the sound guy for that “he rung his bell” nod. That was funny.
- Look. I’m not big on these types of matches. I don’t want to see them continue after the pandemic, in particular. But I enjoyed this enough to give it a thumbs up.
Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match for the AEW World Championship
- Daaaaaaamn that was a good introduction by Justin Roberts. He’s so underrated in the grand scheme of things when talking about great announcers. I still rank The Fink at the top, but I’d argue Roberts may very well be No. 2.
- I can’t help but to laugh at the referee’s outfit.
- How much do you want to bet Moxley takes the first explosion?
- There we go! Of course, the explosion rigs aren’t amazing if you’re expecting something out of a 90s action film, but I think they look pretty damn good, all things considered.
- Is it a true Jon Moxley match if he’s not bleeding for a good portion of it? We’re getting the crimson mask for another 20 minutes, it seems.
- Absolutely no way would you ever catch me doing anything like this.
- We know the referee is not Stone Cold based on not being able to catch the water.
- An exploding barbed wire bat? I’m down!
- I really like how AEW protects Omega’s finisher, rather than having people kick out of it all the time.
- Ooooh Moxley is totally exploding in the ring. This should be fun.
- ….ROFL….that ending…oh my god….awful…
For my full thoughts on the show, check out the AEW Revolution 2021 post-show podcast coming to the Smark Out Moment YouTube channel live after the event ends.