Welcome to the live results watch page for 2022 WWE DAY 1 pay-per-view!
The event is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET with the kickoff, followed by the main show starting at 8 p.m.
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- Kickoff: Sheamus and Ridge Holland (who was taken out of the match with a broken nose) defeated Cesaro and Ricochet by pinfall.
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos (c) defeated The New Day by pinfall.
- Drew McIntyre defeated Madcap Moss by pinfall.
- Raw Tag Team Championship Match: RK-Bro (c) defeated The Street Profits by pinfall.
- Edge defeated The Miz by pinfall.
- Raw Women’s Championship Match: Becky Lynch (c) defeated Liv Morgan by pinfall.
- WWE Championship Fatal 5-Way Match: Brock Lesnar defeated Big E (c), Bobby Lashley, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins by pinfall to win the title!
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
- Good lord, we’re starting off with a massive adjustment. Roman Reigns tested positive for COVID-19, meaning he’s out of the scheduled match against Brock Lesnar. Instead, they’ve decided to add Lesnar to the WWE Championship match. Now, that’s a Fatal 5-Way.
- This HAS to have lasting consequences for WrestleMania in other ways than originally planned, right? I’m thinking they’ll give the belt to Lesnar, have Drew McIntyre win the Royal Rumble, then set up a Triple Threat for both belts at Mania for Roman to win.
- A tongue-tied King Woods has declared today the day he and Sir Kofi regain the tag titles by beating The Usos and will rename this day New Day Day. Huzzah!
- I’m surprised WWE isn’t trying to skirt around the COVID-19 test. They’ve spent 2 years saying all sorts of alternatives, like “unforeseen circumstances” and such. Flat out saying “Roman Reigns tested positive for COVID-19” is astonishing. Took them long enough, right?
- Time for our tag team match: Cesaro and Ricochet against Ridge Holland and Sheamus.
- The crowd’s clamoring for some Ricochet from the very start.
- Ridge Holland is bleeding; possibly a busted nose.
- Update: They’re now saying Holland was taken to the back and he might have a broken nose.
- Sheamus still gets the win even in a handicap scenario. All the more reason to believe Holland was most likely supposed to get the pin instead.
- Hey, at least they were able to adjust the opening video package ahead of time and it doesn’t just keep talking about Roman Reigns. Good on them.
SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
- Fitting The Usos would be out first. Day 1 ish and all.
- Digging the throne for King Woods!
- Woods gets a big pop at the start of the match by shouting out Atlanta. Smart move.
- Solid match, as expected. These two teams always deliver.
- For a moment there, I almost thought a near-fall from Woods was going to be a title change. Then, I remembered how WWE can’t help but to have every tag team match end virtually the same, so that couldn’t be the finish.
- The crowd’s buying those near-falls, though. Lots of fun.
- Gable Steveson is apparently sitting front row. Well, there you go. That’s coming into play at some point tonight. I’m expecting with Bobby Lashley.
- A whole series of near-falls really got people thinking the belts were changing hands. Myself included. That’s sparked a “this is awesome” chant.
- Woods breaks up a double splash and keeps The New Day in the running. Great pin break.
- Do we have a new company edict on pay-per-views? They keep using the phrase “first premium live event” of 2022. Maybe that’s what they want us to be calling it going forward.
- The Usos win with a 3D?? Didn’t see that coming! Great opening match.
A video package for Big E is filling up some time. Now, an interview with Big E to talk about the Brock Lesnar addition, too. Big E knows it’ll be hard, but he’s still going to find a way to walk out with the title.
Kayla Braxton interviews Migos. They’re excited to be here and they (naturally) tease that they might hit the ring. Mhm.
Drew McIntyre vs. Madcap Moss
- Normally, I chuckle at the bad jokes. This time around, they didn’t get much out of me.
- I hope they do something here to make this more than what it seems like it’ll be, as I’m not sold this is going to be worth the time it’ll take up.
- So far, nothing worth talking about, except maybe Corbin’s awful sweater.
- Nope. It’s a normal match with McIntyre winning after a Claymore. Nothing going on here.
Kevin Owens is naturally upset about Lesnar being tossed into the title match. He called Sami Zayn his best friend and soul mate.
Time for a video package about Seth Rollins. I guess they’re filling time with these throughout the night and we’ll probably see five of them.
Raw Tag Team Championship Match
- RK-Bro has Migos with them. They’re ringside. Why do I feel like they’re going to get involved and we might actually have a title change?
- Maybe I’m letting my vision get skewed, but Montez Ford’s playing up a heel edge right now, isn’t he? Could that be another sign of a title change? Now Dawkins is taunting Orton with his pose, too. We could be in line for a heel turn.
- While I don’t want The Street Profits to turn, I think they’re pulling that arrogance off pretty damn well. I wouldn’t be entirely opposed to it now.
- Love it when people get paranoid about escaping an RKO attempt.
- How does Tez jump over the ring post like that?!
- Not the RKO finish I was hoping for (I wanted Tez to do his frog splash into it) but Riddle launching him up so Orton could hit the move works, too.
- Migos is now in the ring celebrating as if they did something.
- Dawkins and Ford gave props to RK-Bro after the match for winning. But we’re taking a long time focusing on this. Are they about to attack them?
- Nope. Never mind. Just killing time. That was a bit awkward.
McIntyre is jumped backstage by Moss and Corbin during an interview. They wrapped a chair around Drew’s head and smacked him with a chunk of the set.
Video package: Bianca Belair. She’s not even on the card, but okay.