We begin with a recap of WrestleMania’s main event. And also Michael Cole has a new broadcast partner, Pat MacAfee.
We start with Roman Reigns, Jey Uso and Paul Heyman.
Roman receives the microphone from Paul Heyman and he says they put a lot of eyes on SmackDown. For the new viewer, her asks Paul to tell everyone about the men he beat in the main event of WrestleMania. Heyman recaps Edge and Bryan’s accomplishment, and he did what he said he was going to do, and that’s stack em and beat them both in the main event of WrestleMania. Roman took a page from Heyman’s playback. He called it. Stack em, pin them, and have them both acknowledge him.
He would have been embarrassed because no one wants to be in that position. Two Hall of Famers, and he smashed them, stacked them and pinned them and then they acknowledged him in front of the whole world. Nobody wants to step to Roman now. No one wants to put their reputation on the line now because no one is on his level. And with that, it’s time to fire up the jet and time to go. Out comes Cesaro.
Cesaro stares at Roman and at the title. He walks to get the microphone, but Roman ends up leaving the ring in disgust with Paul and Jey. Cesaro tosses the microphone away.
Back from the break and Sonya Deville is talking with Adam Pearce in the back. Cesaro walks up and asks if they saw what that son of a b—h Roman Reigns just did. He says Reigns thinks no one will step up to him, but he will. He doesn’t care if the title is on the line, he wants a match. Pearce goes to speak but Deville speaks up and says she will speak to Reigns and get back to him. Cesaro walks off and Pearce looks a bit surprised.
Rey Mysterio vs. Otis
Mysterio wins with the 619 and then a Crucifix pin.
Winner: Rey Mysterio
– After the match, the music hits as Rey and Dominik celebrate. We go to replays. Rey and Dominik celebrate on the ramp now as Otis and Gable seethe in the ring.
– We see Paul Heyman backstage getting ready with Kayla Braxton. Apparently Heyman is about to answer Cesaro’s challenge for the match with Roman Reigns. Back to commercial.
We go backstage to Kayla Braxton and Paul Heyman. Kayla asks if Roman Reigns will accept Cesaro’s challenge. Heyman goes on ranting and Cesaro is a joke, so let’s put an end to this joke now. Heyman says they will give Cesaro what he wants tonight, Cesaro one-on-one in the main event, against… “The Main Event” Jey Uso. Fans in the arena boo as Heyman walks off.
Cole and McAfee discuss Cesaro vs. Uso and we get another look at Cesaro dominating Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 37.
– We go back to the ring and out comes Sami Zayn. We see highlights from WrestleMania 37 with Kevin Owens hitting a Stunner on Logan Paul after defeating Zayn. Sami takes the mic and says he sees all the highlights except the one that’s most accurate – Sami Zayn was once again screwed.
Zayn says WrestleMania was supposed to be his vindication, all the stars were aligned, including his special guest. He goes on ranting and says Paul’s mind was poisoned by everyone from Cole the corporate mouthpiece to the fans, and everyone else in between. Sami could feel it as soon as Paul arrived, he kept pulling back. Sami was distracted by this during the match and that is the only reason Owens was able to get a win over him at WrestleMania.
Sami will not be denied his vindication, his revenge. He knows Owens is in the back, and he wants Owens to come out and give him what he wants. Sami says nothing is here to distract him tonight, there’s no way Owens can steal a win. The music hits as Sami drops the mic. Out comes Owens. Back to commercial.
Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
Sami rakes Owens’ eyes, but eventually he decided to run away.
Winner by contout: Kevin Owens
New WWE Intercontinental Champion Apollo Crews is backstage with Commander Azeez, who is standing tall with Crews’ large spear-like weapon. Crews laughs about his WrestleMania 37 title win over Big E and says he would give Big E a rematch tonight but he’s not here. He shows us why Big E isn’t here tonight and it’s a quick replay from their Nigerian Drum Fight. Crews introduces his Commander Azeez, saying he’s a former member of the Nigerian Elite Guard and if anyone dares to come for his title, they will be annihilated by the Nigerian Nail, apparently the new name for the weapon Azeez is carrying.
– We go back to the ring and out comes The Street Profits – Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins. The Solo cups fall as they head to the ring. We see balloons all over the ring area and Cole says these are here for new SmackDown Women’s Champion Bianca Belair and her big celebration. We go back to commercial as Ford and Dawkins hit the ring.
Back from the break and we see more still highlights from WrestleMania 37. We go back to the ring and The Street Profits have mics. They get hyped up about doing some spring cleaning of the tag team division and taking the titles from Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler tonight. They’re also excited about some extra inspiration and motivation they picked up at WrestleMania 37 this weekend, a story that Ford will tell his grandkids about. They go on and send us to a video package on Bianca Belair winning the SmackDown Women’s Title from Sasha Banks as the main event of WrestleMania 37 Night One.
The Profits go on about how the party isn’t stopping. Ford gives a grand introduction to his wife and out comes Belair to a big pop. Fans chant for Belair as she hits the ring. She feels like she’s been floating since Saturday night. Her heart is full and she is blessed. Despite the struggles she never stopped believing this moment was possible. Belair goes on about never being apologetic, if you dream it, you can do it. Belair says it’s not just about her. It’s also about Sasha Banks. She thanks Banks and says there’s nobody she would’ve rather shared the spotlight with. Banks pushed her and they both made history. She says if Banks ever tries to forget it, she left her with something to remember her by… an apparent reference to the hair strike.
Belair says this was for all the little girls watching in person or at home. She says it was magic at WrestleMania but we are just getting started creating history. Ford asks for some love and they do a group hug. Belair takes the title off and says it’s time for The Street Profits to get back to the SmackDown Tag Team Titles because we only wear gold in this house. The Profits say they and Belair are up, and they want the smoke. They continue celebrating as Belair’s music hits. She exits the ring with the title in the air.
– Kayla Braxton is backstage with Sasha Banks. Braxton goes to speak but Banks hushes her and shows off a mark she has on her stomach from the hair strike. Banks is so angry she’s speechless. She stomps off, apparently looking for Bianca Belair.
– We go back to the announcers. Cole once again shows us Cesaro’s UFO move to Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 37, calling it one of the most impressive moments in history.
– Kayla is backstage with Bayley now. She says Sasha Banks must want a rematch because she’s so angry she can’t put a sentence together. Bayley says while she was busy trying to save WrestleMania, Bianca Belair was crying before the main event even happened, and she was really crying because she thought she couldn’t win. Now she’s out there showboating and she’s arrogant. Is that the kind of champion we want? No. There’s only one way to fix this and it’s for Bayley to challenge Belair and take the SmackDown Women’s Title. Bayley walks off.
Dolph Ziggler (C) and Robert Roode (C) vs. The Street Profits – SmackDown Tag Team Championships
Ford hits a frog splash on Roode but doesn’t see Ziggler tag in. Ziggler hits a Zig Zag to retain.
Winners: Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode
– After the match, Roode and Ziggler recover and take the titles as we go to replays. The music plays as Ziggler and Roode celebrate at ringside.
– Cole shows us Cesaro’s UFO to Seth Rollins once again and keeps calling it the single most impressive moment in WrestleMania history. Kayla is backstage with Cesaro now, asking about Paul Heyman’s negative comments from earlier. Cesaro thinks Heyman is right – Cesaro has buck teeth, a slack jaw, and he’s not the smartest person in the world, he does look like a neanderthal, but Heyman is wrong about one thing – Cesaro does belong in the ring with Roman Reigns. He’s going to prove that tonight by beating Jey Uso.
– We see Roman Reigns backstage talking to Paul Heyman and Reigns looks annoyed. Jey Uso paces behind them. Reigns tells Jey to teach Cesaro a lesson tonight. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see more stills from WrestleMania 37.
Natalya vs. Shayna Baszler
Natalya wins with a flash pin.
After the match, Jax comes in to attack Natalya but Tamina levels Jax with a superkick. Tamina and Natalya stand tall as Jax and Baszler regroup at ringside.
– We actually get Cole giving us one more look at Cesaro’s UFO to Seth Rollins at WrestleMania. You know, the single greatest moment in history that they have been hyping up all night. Jey Uso is backstage with Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman now. Uso taunts Cesaro and says he’s going to show him tonight why the call him Main Event Jey Uso. Uso heads out as Reigns shows him respect. Reigns leans into the camera and says Cesaro heard Jey, now Jey is going to show him. Back to commercial.
Cesaro vs. Jey Uso
Seth Rollins attacks Cesaro as he’s attacking Jey for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Cesaro
After the match, Rollins heads up the ramp in frustration and he yells at Cesaro, saying he’s the be-all end-all of this industry, and the sooner he figures that out, the better.