We go right to a video with Randy Orton, who is wearing an old school lucha-style mask on his face to cover the burns suffered in the fireball attack by Alexa Bliss last week. Orton talks about fire and about how he held Bliss’ fate in his hands three weeks ago. On the big screen we see a replay of Orton holding the match over Bliss three weeks ago at the end of the show.
We see Orton standing in an empty ring now. He talks about how his hate was redirected to the next lamb, Triple H, until Bliss had to interrupt during last week’s match. And now look at me, Orton says. This is the damnation he receives for showing compassion to Bliss before? Orton says he hasn’t been able to sleep because all he sees is the fireball coming at his face when he closes his eyes. We see a replay of last week’s fireball attack. Orton’s skin that is visible in the holes of the mask looks burnt and chapped. Orton goes on and says he’s wearing the mask to protect himself, but also to shield everyone else from the horror he endured. We see Orton watching a replay of how he rolled around in pain last week.
Orton says despite the agony he felt, he considers himself lucky. He came away with first degree burns, which could’ve been worse. The fireball could’ve disfigured his entire face forever. Orton doesn’t blame Bliss, he blames The Fiend. We see a replay of Orton burning “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt at WWE TLC. Orton says there’s no doubt that The Fiend is responsible for this. Bliss was merely the vehicle and he knows exactly what The Fiend wants – that’s to stop Orton from achieving the inevitable. We see a replay of Orton winning the 2009 Royal Rumble, and again in 2017. Orton knows everyone in the locker room enjoyed seeing his face burnt to a crisp, knowing their biggest threat may have been eliminated from the Royal Rumble. Orton says you could chop off all his limbs but that wouldn’t stop him from winning The Rumble. He vows to remain in the match. Orton says he can only compete as long as he can tolerate the pain but the funny thing is, he enjoys the pain. It fuels his every move.
Orton pulls out a match now. He says everyone can thank The Fiend when he burns their Royal Rumble dreams, and goes on to main event WrestleMania 37. Orton strikes the match, stares at the flame, and then blows it out to end the segment.
We see how WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flairhelped Lacey Evans defeat his daughter, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Charlotte Flair, last week. We see footage of Ric and Lacey arriving to the building earlier today. Charly Caruso stopped them for comments and asked about people speculating on their relationship. Evans said that is even beneath Caruso to ask, comparing her to TMZ. Evans tells Caruso to have respect when asking Flair questions because he’s a legend. Evans says Flair was just living up to being “The Dirtiest player In the Game” last week, and she’s just learning from him. Evans asks Caruso t excuse her as she’s arranged for Peyton Royce to knock The Queen off her throne.
Charolotte Flair vs. Peyton Royce
During the match, Flair came out with Lacey Evans wearing one of Charlotte’s robes. Peyton tried to take advantage, but Flair makes Peyton tap with the Figure Eight.
Winner: Charlotte Flair
After the bell, Flair keeps the Figure Eight locked in past the referee’s count. He tries to get her to break it but she keeps the hold applied as Royce screams out. Flair finally lets go and stands tall as her arm is raised.
Tom hypes Asuka vs. Alexa Bliss for tonight. Asuka has also been invited to Alexa’s Playground.
– The Hurt Business walks past Riddle in the back. He jokingly compliments on their suits. Lashley tells the others he’s got this and they walk off. Lashley says he likes Riddle’s flip-flops but heard they’re bad for your feet. Riddle isn’t sure where Lashley would’ve heard that. Lashley shows him and stomps on his foot, bringing Riddle down. Lashley walks off as an angry Riddle threatens him, saying this foot will be up Lashley’s ass later tonight. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Riddle is in the locker room with Lucha House Party. Riddle has his foot up and insists he will be good to go for tonight’s six-man match, all he needs to do is tape the foot up.
We see Mustafa Ali’s Twitter promo from earlier today, sending a strong message to Kofi Kingston over their history from 2019. Ali is going to hurt Xavier Woods to get back at Kofi, who is at home with a jaw injury.
Xavier Woods vs. Mace
Mace wins with the tilt-a-whirl side slam.
After the match, the music hits as Mace stands tall and RETRIBUTION joins him. Ali kneels down to the camera and taunts Kofi Kingston, telling him to get well soon. RETRIBUTION heads to the back as Woods slowly recovers on the mat.
– We see Asuka walking backstage. Sarah Schreiber approaches and asks her about being invited to Alexa Bliss’ Playground. Asuka simply says she doesn’t know. We get a replay of Bliss hitting the fireball on Randy Orton last week. Asuka says Bliss has a dark side. Asuka walks off and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they air the video from this past weekend, featuring Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and other Superstars announcing WrestleMania 37 for Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on April 10 and April 11 of this year, WrestleMania 38 for April 3, 2022 from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, and WrestleMania 39 for SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles on April 2, 2023.
– We go back to the ring for another Alexa’s Playground segment as Alexa Bliss makes her way out. Bliss sits on one of her swings and welcomes everyone.
Bliss wants to address Randy Orton first. She only came out last week to talk to Orton, clear the air, but things got a little… heated. Bliss laughs. Bliss says if Orton needs a good suggestion on sunblock, just ask. She’s happy to see him in good spirits. Bliss goes on and says tonight she has a very special guest on Alexa’s Playground. She introduces Asuka and out comes one-half of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions and the RAW Women’s Champion.
Asuka goes to sit on a swing but Bliss tells her no, that is not your seat. Asuka is acting very nervous. She offers to stand off to the side. They both laugh and giggle. Bliss knows they have a match tonight but they can focus on that later. Bliss wants to have some fun. She says she has some breaking news. Bliss announces her spot in the Royal RumbleMatch. Bliss goes on about how she and Asuka could potentially face each other at WrestleMania 37. Asuka says it would be her honor as she’s a big fan of Bliss. Bliss thanks her and says that’s so sweet. Asuka does the “Yowie! Wowie!” line and Bliss isn’t impressed. Asuka has her own music hit and she starts dancing to it. Bliss says that’s enough but Asuka keeps dancing. Bliss screams at her to stop it next. The music stops and Asuka is still scared.
Bliss keeps acting like she’s talking to an invisible person on the other swing, apparently The Fiend. Asuka tells her everything’s going to be OK. Asuka says he is still here. An angry Bliss tells her not to say his name. Bliss waves goodbye and starts smiling as Asuka backs out of the ring. We see the rocking horse start rocking by itself. Bliss goes over and sits on the horse, staring off in deep thought as the music hits.
We see The Miz and John Morrison walking backstage. Schreiber asks for insight on what they have planned for Goldberg tonight. Miz and Morrison won’t give her any spoilers, but what they have planned for Goldberg tonight is controversial, and controversy brings cash. Like the Money In the Bank briefcase, which Miz holds up. They walk off.
We go back to the ring and out comes Mandy Rose with Dana Brooke. We go backstage to Shayna Baszler with Nia Jax. Baszler says she’s going to take out Rose again tonight, and then she’s going to the Women’s Rumble Match to dominate everyone, even if it’s her tag team partner. Baszler and Jax have some friendly arguing like they always do as they head to the ring. Back to commercial.
Baszler wins with the Kirifuda Clutch.
Winner: Shayna Baszler
After the match, Baszler stands tall as her music hits and her arm is raised. Brooke comes in to check on Rose as we go to replays. Jax and Baszler have some words at ringside. Brooke leaps off the apron with a dropkick to the back of Jax, sending her and Baszler into the ring post for a big pop. Brooke helps Rose up the ramp as her music starts up and fans cheer them on.
– Still to come, Bliss vs. Asuka. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler arguing in the back. Caruso walks up and they talk about how they’ve always argued, even when they were champions together. They also point to the current state that Asuka and Charlotte Flair are in. This leads to Jax and Baszler declaring that now is the perfect time to get their rematch for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles.
We see what happened with The Flairs and Lacey Evans earlier. Sarah Schreiber is backstage with Charlotte Flair now, asking how it feels to see Lacey in her father’s robe. Flair runs Evans down and knows she’s using her dad to get to her. Charlotte says she’s been learning from “The Dirtiest Player In the Game” her whole life, she’s just never gone down that path, but maybe she needs to because one person can only take so much trash. Charlotte says Evans can wear the robe all she wants because she will never take her crown. Charlotte walks off.
– We see what happened on Friday’s SmackDown with Adam Pearce pulling a swerve on WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns, revealing Kevin Owens as Reigns’ Royal Rumble opponent for the Last Man Standing match, instead of Pearce. Pearce is backstage with Ricochet now. It looks like Ricochet will wrestle AJ Styles tonight and if he wins, he could be eligible for a Royal Rumble Match spot. Omos and AJ interrupt now. AJ knocks Pearce for running from a Universal Title match. AJ then has words with Ricochet over tonight’s match. Ricochet says AJ is going to need more than a 7 foot giant in his corner to stop Ricochet from proving he deserves to be in the Rumble Match.
Ricochet vs. AJ Styles
Styles wins with the Styles Clash.
Winner: AJ Styles
After the match, AJ stands tall as his music hits to a mixed reaction. Omos enters the ring to stand with him as we go to replays. The announcers praise AJ for how he caught Ricochet for the Clash.
– Still to come, Goldberg will be on The Dirt Sheet. Back to commercial.