We begin with a recap of the WWE Title main event at WrestleMania Backlash.
There’s a pre-recorded segment with MVP, Sonya Deville and Adam Pearce. MVP is confident in Bobby’s claim that he can beat Drew or Braun in individual competition, and Adam says it’s time put the theory to the test. He has a coin, and what face it lands on will determine who Bobby faces tonight. MVP attempts to rig the coin before Drew comes in and can’t help but sense MVP is a little nervous at the prospect of Bobby having to face Drew tonight. MVP scoffs and says Bobby will beat anyone. Braun interjects and claims that he can beat Bobby tonight just like he beat Drew last week.
Drew reminds Braun he needed interference. Braun says he didn’t need their help and could beat him any time and the two argue before Pearce breaks it up. Pearce flips the coin and asks Braun to call it. Braun calls tails and it is indeed tails. Bobby will face Braun tonight. Braun says he’s going to give Bobby a sneak preview of WrestleMania: Backlash. Drew says when the two are done, he’ll send Braun to Claymore Country. MVP warns Braun that he won’t make it to Backlash after he gets the Hurt LocK In.
We kick off RAW with the new RAW Tag Team Champions, AJ Styles and Omos for the first time since WrestleMania. AJ reminds everyone of their dominant performance at WrestleMania, and he has a question for everyone. Did you miss us? Of course we did. They’re the tag team champions and he asks where they went after WrestleMania and why we haven’t seen them for weeks? They were celebrating, going on vacation, eating Pina coladas and they had better things to do than throw tomatoes at The New Day. Officially, AJ Styles is a Grand Slam Champion. He can go on and on, and it only took him 5 years to do so. But they’re here for one reason, and they’re interrupted by The New Day.
New Day reminds AJ and Omos that they are 11 time tag team champions, and they dust themselves off after every loss and they always win their titles back like clockwork. Kofi tells AJ he can take shots and jabs at their career, but on the greatest night of his career at WrestleMania, when he won the WWE Title, it was a physically draining match, but somehow, he went the very next night to Monday Night RAW the next night because he’s that kind of champion and that’s who New Day elevated him to be. But AJ didn’t earn the right to take a night off, but that’s not the way they roll.
Omos says it seems he didn’t knock enough sense into them at WrestleMania. But after tonight, they’ll have nothing to laugh about. Xavier Woods says it’s time to come back to reality, and they’re about to become 12 time tag team champions.
AJ Styles (C) and Omos (C) vs. The New Day – RAW Tag Team Championships
Styles and Omos win in dominant fashion when Styles launches off of Omos’ shoulders for the Phenomenal Forearm on Woods.
Winners: AJ Styles and Omos
Backstage, Adam Pearce talks to Sonya Deville and expresses disdain over how she is overstepping her boundaries.
A vignette for a returning Eva Marie plays.
Bobby Lashley is asked about facing Braun tonight. MVP answers for him, and he gives credit to both Drew and Braun, none of them stack up to the All Mighty. Bobby says he’s a more ferocious warrior and a freak of nature, and neither one of them are doing it because they will have to pry the title from his hands in order to do it. MVP says the Strowman Express will be canceled and the era of the All Mighty will continue.
A recap of the segment between Miz and Morrison, Elias and Ryker and New Day last week plays.
Backstage, New Day are icing up after their match and Elias and Ryker are seen around the corner, tomatoes in hand. They wait and throw tomatoes at the em, but when the camera turns back to them, it is seen that they struck Randy Orton, and he is not pleased. Riddle tells him hi on his scooter.
Charlotte Flair vs. Dana Brooke
Flair wins with the Figure Eight.
Winner: Charlotte Flair
– After the bell, Flair refuses to break the hold but Rose comes in and decks her. Rose then delivers a running kick to send Flair out of the ring. Rose checks on Brooke as Flair recovers at ringside. Sonya Deville is introduced next. She makes her way out into the ring as Flair, Brooke and Rose look on. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a vignette on Drew McIntyre. He will be here for a sitdown interview later.
– Charlotte Flair is in the ring with Sonya Deville now. Deville says she is allowing Flair to make a proposal here tonight. Flair was taken aback by how she was left out of the RAW Women’s Title action at WrestleMania Backlash once again. She wants to be added to Asuka vs. RAW Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley at WrestleMania Backlash. Flair goes on about putting Ripley on the map last year and having Asuka take her opportunity. She thanks Deville for reinstating her, but she should be added to the match. Flair makes her case and says adding her to the match would make it a bigger deal. Deville goes to turn but Flair says she’s not done with her. Flair says Ripley and Asuka can only take the division so far but if Flair is added, she makes it that much more important. Flair goes on about being the original influence in WWE, the most famous face. Flair goes on making her case, telling Deville to do the right thing, be fair to Flair.
Deville says Flair made a good case and since the men get to have their Triple Threat, she is adding Flair to Asuka vs. Ripley at Backlash. The music interrupts and Ripley comes out, saying this is absolute crap. There’s a reason Flair wasn’t in the match at WrestleMania and the same reason no one wants to see her in this rematch – nobody likes her. Ripley keeps talking and is in the ring now. She accuses Deville of working her own plan here. Deville rolls her eyes. The music interrupts and out comes Asuka. Asuka calls this crap. She starts taunting Flair for being a crybaby. She yells some more and Flair knocks them on the mic, then promises to leave Backlash as champion. Ripley steps to Deville and yells in her face. Flair drops Ripley from behind. Asuka attacks Flair and sends her to the floor. Asuka bounces around and motions for the title around her waist as her music starts up. Flair and Ripley look on from ringside.
– Kayla Braxton is backstage with Humberto Carrillo. We see what he and WWE United States Champion Sheamus have done for the past two weeks. Carrillo says Sheamus has been bullying everyone just because he thinks he can. Carrillo knows how it feels to be bullied and he won’t let Sheamus disrespect him. Carrillo goes on about answering all of Sheamus’ Open Challenges… Sheamus suddenly attacks from behind and destroys Carrillo backstage. Sheamus lays Carrillo out and jokes that he won’t be in any condition to answer tonight’s Open Challenge but there’s always next week. Sheamus laughs and walks off as Carrillo tries to recover.
John Morrison vs. Damian Priest
Miz attempts to distract Priest and almost falls to a cradle, but eventually he hits Hit The Lights for the win, staring Miz down.
Winner: Damian Priest
After the match, Priest stares Miz down as we go to replays. Priest celebrates the win as his music plays.
– Adam Pearce is backstage with Mansoor. He signs a contract and Pearce officially welcomes him to RAW. Sheamus walks in and talks about what happened to Humberto Carrillo. He takes a few shots at Mansoor, who informs him that he is now on the RAW brand. Sheamus mentions Mansoor possibly challenging him for the title tonight and taking a Brogue Kick so the fans can get to know him. Sheamus taunts Mansoor some more and walks off. Mansoor talks to Pearce about how some things haven’t changed here, but he didn’t expect it to happen so quick. Pearce tells him to get used to it.
Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin vs. Lucha House Party
Metalik gets a flying elbow drop on Benjamin for the win.
Winners: Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin
After the match, Lince and Metalik celebrate as their music hits. We go to replays. Cedric takes the mic and yells at Shelton about how they’ve gone from The Hurt Business to this. Cedric says really Shelton was kicked from the group, not both of them, because he was the weak link. Cedric goes on about how Shelton has received numerous opportunities and doesn’t have long left in his career. Cedric says he’s in his prime and he refuses to give any more time to Shelton. Cedric says just like Shelton, this team is done. Fans boo as Cedric drops the mic and marches to the back as Shelton looks on from ringside.
– Angel Garza is backstage walking with a rose. Drew Gulak yells and stops him. Gulak taunts Garza for being a ladies man who can’t even score. Gulak challenges Garza to a match and mentions it will be him smelling the roses when he wins. Garza says Gulak will smell the rose either way because after he beats him, he’s shoving the rose up Gulak’s ass. Gulak looks a bit terrified as Garza walks off and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Saxton sends a Happy Belated Birthday to The Rock, then congratulates him on NBC renewing Young Rock for season two.
– Kayla catches up with Shelton Benjamin backstage, asking about the harsh words we just heard from Cedric Alexander. Shelton says he’s survived in this business for so long because he can take the hit. He’s seen so many stars come and go, like Cedric. He says the only reason Cedric was in The Hurt Business was because he saw potential in him, not MVP or Bobby Lashley. Shelton says Cedric can do whatever he wants but he will respect Shelton. Shelton goes on and says he let Cedric say his peace out there but if he’s not careful, he will be another young star fizzling out why Shelton continues to survive. Shelton walks off.
Angel Garza vs. Drew Gulak
Garza gets the victory with the Wing Clipper.
Winner: Angel Garza
After the match, Garza stands tall as his music hits. We go to replays. Garza grabs the rose from the apron and asks Gulak if he still wants to smell it. Garza taunts a face-down Gulak with the rose, then places it in the rear of his trunks. Garza backs up and nails a running kick, his best attempt at shoving the rose up Gulak’s rear. Garza heads to the ramp and continues celebrating.
– Riddle stops The Viking Raiders in the back for some more bad comedy like only Riddle can do. Riddle sees Randy Orton and rides off on his scooter. Orton tells Riddle they are not bros. Orton is all serious. Riddle talks about it being an honor to team with Orton, pointing to how they’re still undefeated. Orton says they have just one match. Orton turns back to Riddle and asks him if he wants to go to the ring and win another one now. Riddle starts ranting about his plans for the team but Orton hushes him and tells him to zip it. Orton walks off as Riddle rides off ahead of him on his scooter. Graves confirms R-K-Bro vs. Elias and Jaxson Ryker. Back to commercial.
RK-Bro vs. Elias and Jaxson Ryker
Riddle gets a Floating Bro on Elias for the victory.
– After the match, Orton and Riddle stand tall as Riddle’s music hits. We go to replays. Riddle drops down and poses in front of Orton but Orton’s still not ready to commit to the pose.
– Kayla Braxton is backstage with Drew McIntyre now. She asks about tonight’s main event between Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley, but he doesn’t care who wins as long as they beat the hell out of each other. Regarding MACE and T-BAR, he has more questions than answers. Why do they keep attacking him, why did they lose the stupid masks and keep the stupid names, who are they working for, and more. Drew goes on and says whatever is meant to happen will happen with them, but he’s more focused on winning the WWE Title back at WrestleMania Backlash. Strowman walks up and has words with McIntyre. Strowman declares he’s walking out of Backlash with the title. Drew says maybe not, but for now Strowman just needs to leave. They stare each other down and Braun backs off.
Sheamus (C) vs. Mansoor – United States Championship
Sheamus retains by DQ when Humberto Carillo attacks him.
Winner by DQ: Sheamus
After the bell, Carrillo keeps unloading on Sheamus and sends him out, then nails a big dive to send him into the announce table as fans cheer him on. Sheamus fights back and returns to the ring, leveling Humberto with a big Brogue Kick as he charges. Sheamus then turns to Mansoor and levels him with a Brogue Kick as the boos pick up. Sheamus raises the United States Title belt in the air while Mansoor and Humberto are laid out.
– Alexa Bliss is backstage with Lilly. Bliss says Lilly had so much fun on her adventures today and they can’t wait to tell us all about it. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and it’s time for Alexa’s Playground. Alexa Bliss is on her swing with Lilly. Bliss says Lilly is a big WWE fan and had so much fun getting to see some of her favorite Superstars up close tonight. Bliss says Lilly loves playing hide and seek but she always finds her in peculiar positions, and has gotten her hands dirty at times. Bliss says Lilly’s favorite color is red, and wherever she goes, trouble seems to follow. Lilly whispers something to Bliss – a certain someone may have caught her beady little eyes. Bliss can’t tell us who yet, that’s their dirty little secret. Bliss says like she told us before, don’t blame her for what happens next. Bliss starts singing a nursery rhyme… asking Lilly what she made her do, and how the world goes crazy at the sight of you… we have so much fun together and will be friends forever… what was that scream, is this a dream? Lilly what did you make me do?… Bliss started off smiling but she ends the rhyme with a terrified look. She then starts smiling again. We get a close-up of Lilly, who also smiles and snarls at the camera.
Shayna Baszler (C) and Nia Jax (C) vs. Lana and Naomi – WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships
Baszler chokes Lana out with the Kirifuda Clutch for the win.
Winners: Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax
Bobby Lashley vs. Braun Strowman
Lashley wins with a Spear after Drew distracts Braun when Lashley sends Braun into Drew who’s sitting at ringside.
Winner: Bobby Lashley
After the match, Drew drops Lashley and Braun both with Claymores and stands tall as RAW goes off the air.