Welcome to the live results watch page for WWE NXT HALLOWEEN HAVOC 2022 pay-per-view!
The event is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET with the kickoff, followed by the main show starting at 8 p.m.
Follow along here throughout the show for the results of each match as well as my personal thoughts on everything throughout the night down after the separation bar.
Keep refreshing for new updates, check out the quick results at the top of the page for the winners and chat it up with everyone in the comments as the show goes on!
Quick Hits Results:
- NXT North American Championship Ladder Match: Wes Lee defeated Carmelo Hayes, Nathan Frazer, Oro Mensah and Von Wagner
- Casket Match: Apollo Crews defeated Grayson Waller
- Weapons Wild Match: Roxanne Perez defeated Cora Jade by pinfall.
- Ambulance Match: Julius Creed defeated Damon Kemp
- NXT Women’s Championship Match: Mandy Rose (c) retained over Alba Fyre by pinfall.
- NXT Championship Triple Threat Match: Bron Breakker (c) defeated Ilja Dragunov and JD McDonagh by pinfall to retain the title.
Author’s POV, Running Commentary & Thoughts:
- The stipulation for Apollo Crews against Grayson Waller was determined. After spinning the wheel, it landed on a Casket Match.
- Alba Fyre challenged Mandy Rose to meet her at some other location outside the arena. Rose ordered Jacy Jayne and Gigi Dolin to join her, despite how Jayne in particular was afraid to.
NXT North American Championship Ladder Match
- “Holy shit” chant for a spot where Wes Lee rode a ladder down onto Nathan Frazer. I’m not sure that warranted that big of a pop, considering all we’ve seen before in ladder matches, but it’s nice to see the crowd reacting positively to Lee and being hyped.
- Now, the Spanish Fly off the ropes onto the ladder from Frazer onto Carmelo Hayes? That’s a justified cheer. Very nice.
- Oro Mensah was on the ladder, climbing up, until Trick Williams flipped it, sending Mensah to the pile of people on the outside. Williams and Mr. Stone then fought on top of the ladder, with Stone tumbling out of the ring, nearly crotching himself on the ropes.
- Von Wagner nearly nailed a fan in attendance with a ladder trying to pull it out! Yeesh!
- In typical fashion, the guy setting up the ladder ends up biting the bullet. Wagner set up that giant ladder to lay between the apron and the security barricade, only for Frazer to splash him through it.
- Wagner picked up Lee and tossed him out of the ring onto the commentary table. Nice spot!
- Great moment with Lee climbing up a ladder propped on the outside/ring ropes to knock Hayes off another ladder in the ring.
- Lee eventually is able to grab the belt and we have our new champion. The fans chant “you deserve it” as he celebrates.
As the casket match was being set up, its time to check back in on the haunted house thing with Toxic Attraction and Alba Fyre. This was complete with extras dressed as monsters and such. Dolin loves it, as she’s a big Halloween fan. Jayne wants nothing to do with it. Rose just wants to get to Fyre and to retain her title.
By the end of this segment, Fyre hit both Jayne and Dolin with her bat and then drove off. Even though they weren’t knocked out unconscious or anything, it seems this was a means to write them off appearing ringside.
- I’m really surprised they’re going with a casket match. Not only is this just not something I would picture these two fighting in, it also means there are two “seal the door on your opponent” matches on this card. But it’s been way too long since we’ve seen a casket match, so I dig that they’re going in that direction instead of another standard No DQ thing.
- Waller is able to make Crews crash through the casket, but the match isn’t over. The lights go out and more druids are about to bring a second casket out, instead, while Crews recuperated.
- This casket is much more Undertaker style. It is much bigger and has the padded inside and all.
- Crews eventually scores the win, slamming Waller into the casket and closing the lid before standing on top of it to celebrate.
Chase University students submitted their Halloween Havoc history homework. Duke Hudson is a new transfer student. Bodhi Hayward is suspicious of him, especially after Duke got a question right that Bodhi got wrong (who did The Outsiders beat to win their first tag titles at Halloween Havoc?)
A video package highlighting Bobby Lashley is shown as a commercial break.
Pretty Deadly’s interview with McKenzie Mitchell is interrupted by Katana Chance and Kayden Carter, who think they’re a better tag team than Kit Wilson and Elton Prince.
Weapons Wild Match
- Roxanne Perez came into this fight equipped with a skateboard, which was what I was hoping would be the finale of the match. Much better than the last time, we’re a few swings into this and it hasn’t broken yet!
- Ringside are chairs, witch brooms, chains, a rope, trash cans and more.
- Jade sprayed a can of something in Perez’s face that she found under the ring.
- The crowd is split, cheering for both.
- Booker T equates how Roxanne should have hit Cora 10 times with a trash can lid to how you should order a 10-piece at Chick-Fil-A. Suddenly, I’m hungry.
- Perez and Jade fought to the podium part of the set near the commentary booth. Jade removed the railing. Roxanne hesitated, only for Cora to pull them both down off the stage to crash onto a table.
- Perez laid out Jade with a sunset flip powerbomb onto a pile of steel chairs for the win.
Time for a commercial about The Miz.
A vignette is shown of what looks like T-Bar’s old RETRIBUTION mask burning in a fire.
Shotzi and Quincy Elliott, the hosts of the show, are interrupted by Lash Legend, who thinks she should be the host instead.
Now, a Charlotte Flair commercial is on.
The promos keep coming. Now, there’s a video package for Schism.
This long stretch of nothing happening killed my energy level.
- Energy level slightly back up now that this match started with Julius Creed whipping pumpkins at Damon Kemp’s head! I wasn’t expecting that!
- So far, the very beginning was the highlight of this match. They’ve been brawling, but nothing they’ve done has stood out.
- As I type that, Kemp gets trapped in a wheelchair and shoved face-first into the steel steps. If it were faster, it would have been better, but that was still interesting.
- “Use the bucket” chants from the crowd, I think.
- A stretcher, the ring bell, the table the ring bell was sitting on and more get utilized.
- Creed nearly loses, but keeps blocking the ambulance door with his fingers, taking the pain to keep the match going.
- Creed hits Kemp 10 times in the back with the steel chair for some payback.
- Kemp is powerbombed onto the stretcher, which collapses. For some reason, Creed decides to clothesline a chair to Kemp’s face.
- After slamming the door to the ambulance shut, Creed is your winner.
As Kemp is taken out in the ambulance, Fyre and Rose returned to the Capitol Wrestling Center.
NXT Women’s Championship Match
- 50/50 split in the crowd.
- Fyre has the match won, pinning Rose in the ring, but the referee is down. No one is able to count the pinfall.
- Jayne and Dolin’s interference makes all the difference. Rose is able to hit her kick for the win.
Shotzi is going to face Lash Legend on NXT Tuesday night. We also have our two tag team title matches. The challengers are pumped for their shots at the belts.
NXT Championship Triple Threat Match
- Dragunov definitely needs a new theme song. This one doesn’t suit him well at all, in my opinion.
- Last chance to drop a comment and say whether you think Austin Theory will cash in the Money in the Bank contract.
- Not much to talk about. It’s been fine, but uneventful.
- Good spot with a top rope Frankensteiner from Breakker into a Dragunov powerbomb combo on McDonagh.
- Big fan of McDonagh stopping Dragunov’s pinfall count on Breakker by literally blocking the referee’s hand. That was good.
- Breakker gets the win with a spear.
Tell us your thoughts on WWE NXT Halloween Havoc 2022 in the comments below!
Tune in to my live post-show podcast review immediately following the event!