Tonight’s episode of WWE NXT is presented from the WWE Performance Center.
Coverage begins at 8pm EST. Stay tuned for the results and be sure to keep the discussion going by chatting it up in the comments!
- Tyler Breeze defeated Austin Theory by pinfall.
- Killian Dain defeated Tehuti Miles by pinfall.
- Cameron Grimes defeated Tony Nese by pinfall.
- Aliyah vs. Xia Li in a qualifying match was scheduled. However, Li was ruled medically unfit to compete as she was attacked backstage and has an injured leg (heavily implied to be Aliyah who attacked her as vengeance for Li breaking Aliyah’s nose 4 months ago). Io Shirai took Xia Li’s place instead.
- Io Shirai defeated Aliyah by pinfall to qualify for the #1 contender’s ladder match.
- Dexter Lumis was teased.
- Keith Lee admitted he should apologize to Dominik Dijakovic for laying him out and not realizing that it was Damian Priest who attacked him, instead. Dijakovic came out to say he respects Lee too much to have attacked him and Lee should know better, but he doesn’t give a damn about his apology as he wants the title. Damian Priest then came out to say he’s after the North American title because it will get him more money, more women, more fame and strengthen his legacy. His name will live forever. Lee says that that’s not going to happen and he, the champ, is standing in his way. Priest threatens to make sure he doesn’t stand at all. Everyone comes to blows and the fight ends with Dijakovic jumping out of the ring onto both of them.
- Adam Cole is poolside. Bobby Fish wants a match with Velveteen Dream, who is a loser.
- Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan defeated Shane Thorne and Brendan Vink by submission.
- Candice LeRae defeated Kayden Carter by pinfall to qualify for the #1 contender’s ladder match.
- Matt Riddle defeated Roderick Strong by pinfall. Following the match, Riddle was jumped by Saurav Gurjar and Rinku Singh. They laid him out and Malcolm Bivens came out to introduce himself and this tag team as this is the perfect time, since Pete Dunne isn’t here.
- Triple H told Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa that their feud has to end. In two weeks, they’ll go to an empty building (just the two of them and a referee) and one of them will walk out. If they keep fighting after that, they’ll both be gone from NXT and neither will have to worry about being the heart and soul of the brand, cause NXT will move on without them. The show ended with a Killer Kross tease.
What did you think of this episode of NXT? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com