Tonight’s episode of WWE NXT is presented from the WWE Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida.
Follow along here for results of all the matches and noteworthy moments and keep refreshing for updates. Be sure to chat it up in the comments below and tell us your thoughts while watching this episode!
- Steel Cage Match: Von Wagner defeated Kyle O’Reilly by pinfall.
- Joe Gacy is trying to change 205 Live to be more inclusive. Next week, Harland will make his in-ring debut.
- Bron Breakker challenged Tommaso Ciampa to a rematch since he pinned him at WarGames. Diamond Mine interrupted Breakker’s promo so Malcolm Bivens could challenge Breakker to a match on Roderick Strong’s behalf, who wasn’t there. Breakker accepted.
- Brooks Jensen and Josh Briggs defeated The Creed Brothers by pinfall despite the best efforts of Grizzled Young Veterans trying to sabotage them by stealing the tag team rope off their side.
- Duke Hudson tried to pass off a really bad blonde wig as his hair that he “saved” after Cameron Grimes shaved it at WarGames. Grimes came out and said if Hudson wants a rematch, they can do a No Holds Barred match next week. He tried to take the wig off, but Hudson ran off.
- Backstage, Jacket Time was celebrating with Briggs and Jensen. Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter had two extra concert tickets, which Briggs and Jensen took them up on. Grizzled Young Veterans then brawled with Jacket Time until officials broke it up. Meanwhile, Wendy Choo was napping.
- Dexter Lumis defeated Carmelo Hayes by disqualification as Trick Williams interfered.
- The Shaman was revealed to be Matt Riddle. He imparted some wisdom about how they don’t need to change. MSK needs to be MSK.
- Persia Pirotta told Indi Hartwell that she needs to stop getting distracted with Dexter Lumis and focus on their tag team.
- Toxic Attraction defeated Valentina Feroz and Yulisa Leon by pinfall. After the match, Mandy Rose talked about how she’s not running from challengers. Cora Jade came out to remind her she beat her two weeks ago and since she beat her at WarGames, too, she’s ready to settle the score. Raquel Gonzalez backed her up (with a steel chair) and Toxic Attraction ran off.
- Vignette: Tiffany Straton’s father hired a coach to help her with her gymnastics career. She ended up on Team USA for the Olympics. She deserves a gold medal all by herself and is too good to be on a team.
- Backstage, McKenzie Mitchell spoke to Tony D’Angelo, who said he thinks he showed Pete Dunne at WarGames he’s not someone to cross. He’s keeping the mouth guard as a memento. Andre Chase interrupted and D’Angelo challenged him to a match for next week.
- Santos Escobar defeated Xyon Quinn by pinfall. Elektra Lopez put brass knuckles on Quinn’s hand, but it’s unclear if that was to help him out or part of the plan for a distraction so Escobar could capitalize, which he did.
- Carmelo Hayes says he doesn’t care if Roderick Strong lifted the weight limit for the cruiserweight title as he’s the real A-champion.
- Boa claims doom awaits Edris Enofe.
- Johnny Gargano had an impassioned speech about how much he loves NXT, teasing he was leaving. After speaking about how his son is due in February, he was jumped from behind by Grayson Waller, who attacked him with a steel chair and powerbombed him through the commentary table.
What did you think of this episode of NXT? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com