- ADVERTISMENT -
Tonight’s episode of WWE NXT is presented from the WWE Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida.
Follow along here for results of all the matches and noteworthy moments and keep refreshing for updates. Be sure to chat it up in the comments below and tell us your thoughts while watching this episode!
- Carmelo Hayes defeated Apollo Crews by pinfall.
- Axiom defeated Trick Williams by pinfall.
- Backstage, Schism confronted The New Day to set up Kofi Kingston vs. Joe Gacy for later.
- After last week’s abduction of sorts, Dijak had apparently handcuffed Channing “Stacks” Lorenzo to a chair and tortured him a bit, prompting a match between the two.
- Andre Chase took offense to Drew Gulak running some drills with Chase University students and told everyone to leave. Hank Walker tried to defend Gulak, who is just trying to see what Charlie Dempsey meant when he called Chase U students soft.
- Dijak defeated Channing “Stacks” Lorenzo by pinfall. After the match, Tony D’Angelo challenged Dijak to a match for next week at NXT New Year’s Evil.
- Backstage, McKenzie Mitchell interviewed Oro Mensah. Javier Bernal immediately interrupted to plug his Christmas album. Mensah said when he’s done with him tonight, Big Body Javi won’t have a singing voice anymore.
- Promo: Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne cut a promo in the ring about how they’re going to push the envelope even further in 2023 than they did in 2022. Now that Mandy Rose is gone, they’re calling the shots and looking for revenge rather than New Year’s resolutions. In particular, they’re gunning for Roxanne Perez. Brick by brick, they’re going to use Roxanne’s broken body for the foundation of—then, Indi Hartwell interrupted to say it’s time for some new blood at the top of the division, starting with her. Cora Jade was next to interrupt and say she deserves to be women’s champion. Nikkita Lyons then came out to speak out, too. Zoey Stark was next. Then, Wendy Choo. Thea Hail then called for a fight, leading to a brawl. Alba Fyre came out with her bat in hand and was jumped from behind by Isla Dawn. more of the women’s division then followed. Finally, Roxanne Perez appeared on the balcony to say next week, there will be a 20-woman battle royal to determine the No. 1 contender for Vengeance Day.
- Extreme Resolution Match: Alba Fyre defeated Isla Dawn by pinfall.
- Oro Mensah defeated Javier Bernal by pinfall.
- Brooks Jensen, Josh Briggs and Fallon Henley were hyping themselves up backstage. Kiana James came over to congratulate Henley on her victory last week. She’ll hold up her end of the bargain and wishes Henley good luck in the battle royal next week. Then, she tells Brooks to text her later.
- Drew Gulak defeated Andre Chase by submission.
- Wes Lee told McKenzie Mitchell that he’ll be watching the Dijak vs. D’Angelo match next week. It will effectively be an unofficial (at least, currently) No. 1 contender’s match for the North American Championship at Vengeance Day.
- Kofi Kingston defeated Joe Gacy by pinfall.
- The New Day agreed to give Pretty Deadly a title shot if they win a gauntlet match next week against three other teams.
- A vignette aired to hype a female Superstar to pop up next week.
- Grayson Waller Effect with Bron Breakker: Waller and Breakker hyped up their title match for next week.
- ADVERTISEMENT -
What did you think of this episode of NXT? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com
You can keep up with all your wrestling news right here on eWrestlingNews.com. Or, you can follow us over on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
- ADVERTISEMENT -