Tonight’s episode of WWE NXT is presented from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida.
Coverage begins at 8pm EST. Stay tuned for the results and be sure to keep the discussion going by chatting it up in the comments!
- Imperium defeated Breezango by pinfall to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship
- Velveteen Dream said he is a solo act, rather than a true partner for Dexter Lumis. Lumis helped him out, so he helped him out to return the favor.
- Damian Priest defeated Killian Dain by pinfall. Following the match, Dain scared Robert Stone by smacking on the plexiglass, which made Stone fall over. During Aliyah’s entrance for the next match, she went over and helped Stone up.
- Aliyah defeated Xia Li by pinfall with a roll-up after a distraction from Stone, who threw up in the ring.
- Timothy Thatcher taught some submission moves to his class.
- In some Undisputed Therapy, Roderick Strong talked to Kyle O’Reilly about how he can’t stop thinking about Dexter Lumis and needs to face his fears with the trunk of the car they were put in. Strong ran off, instead.
- Backstage, Keith Lee interrupted Adam Cole’s interview to say it’s not going to be Karrion Kross who will take that title from Cole. It’ll be Lee, who smashes the hour glass.
- Adam Cole cut a promo about how he might want to go after Keith Lee’s North American title. Lee came out, followed by Johnny Gargano, followed by Finn Balor. William Regal interrupted to announce that next week, Lee will defend his title against both Gargano and Balor in a Triple Threat. Whoever wins that match will face Cole on July 8th in a Winner Takes All match.
- Dakota Kai (with Raquel Gonzalez) defeated Kayden Carter (with Kacy Catanzaro) by submission.
- A vignette aired to hype Mercedes Martinez as “coming soon.”
- Bronson Reed defeated Leon Ruff by pinfall. Post-match, Reed cut a quick promo on Kross.
- In the parking lot, Cameron Grimes apparently slashed Damian Priest’s tires.
- Santos Escobar, Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde (dressed in suits) came to the ring so Escobar could cut a promo. Growing up, his dad always told him he’d be a leader, not a luchador. Drake Maverick interrupted to come out for a fight, but the numbers game was too much for him. Escobar eventually put Maverick through a table outside the ring. During the commercial, Maverick was loaded into an ambulance with Jake Atlas checking up on him.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks defeated Tegan Nox and Shotzi Blackheart to retain the Women’s Tag Team Championship by submission. Io Shirai then came out to run Banks and Bayley off and make a statement.
What did you think of this episode of NXT? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com