Tonight’s episode of WWE NXT is presented from the WWE Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida.
Stay tuned for the results and be sure to keep the discussion going by chatting it up in the comments!
- NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship No. 1 Contender Triple Threat Match: Io Shirai and Zoey Stark defeated Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez and Ember Moon & Shotzi Blackheart by pinfall to earn the tag title shot for Great American Bash.
- It’s announced there will be another NXT Breakout Tournament starting in 2 weeks. Bronson Reed spoke to McKenzie Mitchell about it and Hit Row interrupted. Isaiah “Swerve” Scott challenged Reed to a North American Championship match for later tonight.
- Karrion Kross and Scarlett stormed the ring for a promo about Johnny Gargano, who came out to say Kross is bigger than him, but he’s smarter than Kross. Austin Theory jumped Kross from behind and they double-teamed the NXT champion, who still managed to come out on top of the scuffle. Security stopped Kross from slamming the steel steps on Gargano, allowing Johnny Wrestling to superkick him and run off with Theory. Kross scowled at Samoa Joe for getting involved.
- Roderick Strong defeated Asher Hale by submission.
- Cameron Grimes defeated Ari Sterling by pinfall. LA Knight came out after the match to gloat about how he beat Grimes for the Million Dollar Championship and took out Ted DiBiase. Grimes challenged Knight to putting the title on the line next week. Knight accepted, but on the terms that if Grimes loses, he becomes his butler.
- Kyle O’Reilly is out for a promo and invited Adam Cole to come out, too. Samoa Joe and security stepped in between the two. Cole said O’Reilly is nothing without him and won’t have half the career he’s had. He thinks O’Reilly is obsessed with him and owes him everything because he’s the star. Even O’Reilly’s wife knows that. O’Reilly said he’s ashamed when he looks back on The Undisputed ERA and they come to blows. Joe watches as O’Reilly puts Cole in a heel hook. Cole screams out for Joe to get him off him, but Joe waits for a bit to call security down to the ring.
- Mixed Tag Team Match: Xia Li and Boa defeated Mercedes Martinez and Jake Atlas by referee stoppage. Martinez may have suffered a legitimate concussion from Xia Li’s kick as things ended awkwardly.
- Tommaso Ciampa and Timothy Thatcher had a face-to-face promo with MSK to hype their title match for next week at Great American Bash.
- Johnny Gargano attacked Karrion Kross backstage by slamming his car door on him. Kross brushed it off quickly after, though, and took out Gargano and Theory in retaliation. Gargano was nearly ran over, but Samoa Joe pulled him to the side and said he’s probably pushed Kross too far.
- North American Championship Match: Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Bronson Reed (c) by pinfall to win the title.
What did you think of this episode of NXT? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com