Tonight’s episode of WWE NXT is presented from the WWE Performance Center.
Coverage begins at 8pm EST. Stay tuned for the results and be sure to keep the discussion going by chatting it up in the comments!
- Matt Riddle and Timothy Thatcher vs. Imperium (Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner) defeated Matt Riddle and Timothy Thatcher by pinfall to win the NXT Tag Team Championship!
- Backstage, Thatcher calls Riddle a hot mess and points out that all Riddle had to do was knock them out and he’d tap them out, rather than playing around with game shows and such. They had a quick scuffle and were separated by officials.
- Tegan Nox defeated Indi Hartwell by pinfall.
- Backstage, Matt Riddle thanks William Regal via video chat for giving him a match against Timothy Thatcher later. Thatcher then attacks Riddle.
- Interim NXT Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Match: Jake Atlas defeated Tony Nese by pinfall.
- The Undisputed ERA chatted it up over video chat about Adam Cole beating Velveteen Dream and how Roderick Strong should get some revenge on Dexter Lumis.
- A video package hyped Karrion Kross and Scarlett.
- Another video package revolved around Dakota Kai and her feud with Tegan Nox, as well as Raquel Gonzalez having Kai’s back.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott was interviewed about his match to come. He said if he couldn’t get a single win in this tournament, he’d quit wrestling altogether.
- DX (Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Road Dogg) made the announcement instead of William Regal. It’s the 25th anniversary of In Your House. On June 7th, NXT TakeOver: In Your House.
- Cameron Grimes defeated Finn Balor by pinfall (due to Damian Priest striking Balor with the nightstick) Priest then hit Balor with The Reckoning on a steel chair and said “If I want my game to live forever, why not take out a prince? You know, I think I didn’t know I would enjoy it so much, just like I enjoyed it three weeks ago.”
- Tony Nese attacked Isaiah “Swerve” Scott before his match.
- Interim NXT Cruiserweight Championship Tournament Match: Gentleman Jack Gallagher defeated Isaiah “Swerve” Scott by pinfall.
- Kayden Carter defeated Aliyah by submission.
- In a Dinner with The Garganos segment, Johnny Gargano talked about how he beat Dominik Dijakovic, which must say a lot about how Keith Lee in a flavor of the month. Candice LeRae touted herself about beating Kacy Catanzaro, too, who is just an example of what they’ll do to every undeserving individual in NXT, like Mia Yim, who keeps getting opportunities even after she fails. Lee and Yim are definitely their next targets.
- Next week, the interim title tournament continues and Rhea Ripley faces Io Shirai.
- Matt Riddle defeated Timothy Thatcher by pinfall. Thatcher attacked Riddle after the match.
What did you think of this episode of NXT? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!
If using any of the above content, please credit the author with a h/t to ewrestlingnews.com